Second Skin Audio

2002 WRX Trunk Enclosure Design

MistaDarklord

So I plan on going with a custom box with my next build the thing that is hanging me up is what I'm going to do with the space that I have. The way the trunk is laid out like this...

OverallBack.jpg

It is very uneven for the most part and I would like to not go past the point I have laid out cause I would probably need space for an extra battery and the possibly of somewhat using my trunk still.

With this Trunk I was wondering if a box could be made to fit two 12's or would I have to settle for just one 12. I have no intentions taking out my backseat since I still use it quite a bit but I'd like to see what I can do.

I also have to fit a sub amp in the trunk along with a 4 channel amp.

I'm looking to put in 2 12 DC XL's or Level 4's

My trunk is pretty much laid out the same way, you should be fine as long as you go with subs that don't require a lot of space like the DC Audio, 1.5 per 12" will still you room the trunk to play with. I also started off with I REFUSE to go past a certain point, now my box takes up the entire trunk lol. I can't see what your depth is, but what it looks so far, if your depth from the front tot the back is 15.5" then that would give you a 3.55ft3 box before all displacement and port. Good luck with it though

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Archived