wiring a whole system

1. ok so i went to my local car audio shop and they were telling me i only need a + from battery under the hood to battery in the back and then just ground it to the frame. but on here i see people run 1 run of + and - to the battery in the back and also ground it in the back. whats the correct way to do this..

2. would a upgraded battery under the hood work fine for a 2000w rms system? or would i need one in the back too. will b running 1/0 and ill have the big 3 done. my alt pushes 105 amps.

3. where should all the fuses in the power wire go? 1 coming from the front battery, 1 coming from alt (right?), 1 coming out of the battery in the back, 1 before the amp? being extra fire proof cuz my buds car burnt down the other day cuz of his power wire.

4. can i ground both amps and the battery in the same spot in the trunk or do i have to have 3 different spots

EDIT: im going to have a 5 channel amp and a mono amp. can i run the rca from the mono amps "passthrough" to the 5channel amps sub input? or would the gains on the mono amp mess with the 5ch amp (noob question probably lol)

and if anyones wondering or needing to know what im getting ill list it all

sub - 15" RF P3

Amp - RF T1000-1bdCP (at 4 ohms for 700wrms)

2 6.5" RF speakers in the doors (1 per door)

2 10" RF shallow mounted Prime Stage 2 in the doors (1 per door)

2 RF P1 6x9s in the rear deck

Amp to those RF R600-5

will upgrade to a 15" RF T2 at 1 ohm once i have the extra cash

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

1) Grounding to the frame is fine for a smaller amp. I'd personally run a positive AND negative run for any amp over 1000w, but that's just personal preference. No real cutoff point to my knowledge.

2) I'd run 2 batteries for 2kW. You'll be able to run longer at full tilt.

3) Fuses should all go within 12-18 inches of a terminated end. One between alt and main battery. Two between front and rear battery. Two between battery and amp. No real need to fuse grounds, though you can if you're feeling frisky.

4) As long as the bolt is reasonably sized and you're grounding to the frame (not sheet metal) then they can all be grounded together.

5) What amp is it? If it's a true pass-through then it should be fine and not affected by the amp's gain knob. If it's a master/slave output, then it won't work as intended.

EDIT: You ninja'd me with the gear update. The pass-through will work perfectly for what you're doing.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

1) Grounding to the frame is fine for a smaller amp. I'd personally run a positive AND negative run for any amp over 1000w, but that's just personal preference. No real cutoff point to my knowledge.

2) I'd run 2 batteries for 2kW. You'll be able to run longer at full tilt.

3) Fuses should all go within 12-18 inches of a terminated end. One between alt and main battery. Two between front and rear battery. Two between battery and amp. No real need to fuse grounds, though you can if you're feeling frisky.

4) As long as the bolt is reasonably sized and you're grounding to the frame (not sheet metal) then they can all be grounded together.

5) What amp is it? If it's a true pass-through then it should be fine and not affected by the amp's gain knob. If it's a master/slave output, then it won't work as intended.

EDIT: You ninja'd me with the gear update. The pass-through will work perfectly for what you're doing.

thanks for that damn fast reply.

so with the fusing is this right?

forgot to add a black line from back batt to front batt

wow.jpg

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

I'd say the only thing I'd change in that diagram is if the rear battery and the 2 amps are close enough together I'd ground them all in the same spot. If they're too far apart to easily ground them together, then they're probably far enough apart to have 2 fuses between the rear battery and each of the amps. Other than that it looks good to me.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I'd say the only thing I'd change in that diagram is if the rear battery and the 2 amps are close enough together I'd ground them all in the same spot. If they're too far apart to easily ground them together, then they're probably far enough apart to have 2 fuses between the rear battery and each of the amps. Other than that it looks good to me.

thanks

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Archived