Help Cleaning Off Computer

So im going ot start over and clean everything off of it. I hope to do this today if i can get some help. I have windows xp, nad a friend told me to FDISK it, and i was lost there.=( Can one of u guys take me step by step through clearing the entire computer off and starting over fresh. Please and thank you

Lets Go Ski

you do have the reboot disk? the one with the operating system on it, so after you clean the disk you can reinstall?......

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

on win xp,. go to start then click on my computer and then you will see a drive selector , choose the drive you want to reformat and right click and then choose format on the options and go from there, .....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

if you are doing a complete reinstall of Windows XP, what you need to do is go into your BIOS and make it so your first boot is from the CD, then save and exit. hit any key to boot the CD when prompted and you'll have to hit F8 to agree to the terms, then select the harddrive you want to wipe, then hit D, then Enter, then L to format the drive, it will automatically install XP for you, then while it's installing, it will ask you for the CD key, the network options and timezone settings. if you have a SP2 disk, then it will ask you about automatic updates.

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Crunch PZi 2250 powering Two Ascendant Audio Assassin 8s wired to 2 ohm at 225W RMS 2.26CF @ 36.4Hz 43.5 square inches of port with 45's

Kicker ZX350.4 powering CDT CL-61A's with TW-24 Tweeters

Contact me:

AIM: Necromancer Ku

YIM: Ku_Karukasa

MSN: [email protected]

verification_seal.gif

if you are doing a complete reinstall of Windows XP, what you need to do is go into your BIOS and make it so your first boot is from the CD, then save and exit. hit any key to boot the CD when prompted and you'll have to hit F8 to agree to the terms, then select the harddrive you want to wipe, then hit D, then Enter, then L to format the drive, it will automatically install XP for you, then while it's installing, it will ask you for the CD key, the network options and timezone settings. if you have a SP2 disk, then it will ask you about automatic updates.

i have very little experience with computers...now go to my BIOS?

please explain

Lets Go Ski

when you first turn on your PC, you know when it says hit F2 or DEL to inter Setup??? that's your BIOS...

you'll want to look for the "boot order" and make it so the CD drive boots before the harddiscs

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Crunch PZi 2250 powering Two Ascendant Audio Assassin 8s wired to 2 ohm at 225W RMS 2.26CF @ 36.4Hz 43.5 square inches of port with 45's

Contact me:

verification_seal.gif

it was tough, cause my computer was different than what u said, but i believe i got it...thanks bro

I just gave you a by the book direction. but it changes with different PCs with the lingo

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Contact me:

verification_seal.gif