Gm Battery Terminal For A Ground

So Im Useing A Monster 200 Series Xl Gm Battery Terminal As A Ground Bold I Grinded The Paint Off The Area A Drilled A Hole Threw The Bottom Of My Trunk, Cut A Hole Threw My Carpret So Its All Metal On Metal Contact And I Ran The Bolt Threw With A Nut On The Out Side, Then Covered The Outside With Some Crap So It Wouldn't Rust. I Figure Instead Of Taking The Whole Bolt And Nut Out Everytime, Know I Can Just Take Off The Top. I Running Two Alpine Mrp-M2000 Mono Amps With Monster 400 Series Zero Gauge Wire So Their Is Alot Of Power Going Too This Ground. It's Working Great But One Of My Buddys Says It's A Bad Idea Beacuse My O Rings Should Rest Flat Against The Frame Instead Of Being Attached To The Top Bolt. Let Me Know What You Guy's OR Girl's Think, And Feal Free To Steal This Idea If You Like It, It Makes Thing So Much Better And Looks Cool Too.

i feel that its grounded fine. i personally run straight to frame but i dont see why theterminale wont work. just my opinion tho

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

400 amps is A LOT of current for a single run of 0 gauge to handle. put another run in.

edit: so you grounded it to the bottom of the trunk? i would do what pimpn said and move it to the frame of the car, or a strut tower works just as well if your car is a unibody.

400 amps is A LOT of current for a single run of 0 gauge to handle. put another run in.

edit: so you grounded it to the bottom of the trunk? i would do what pimpn said and move it to the frame of the car, or a strut tower works just as well if your car is a unibody.

Im Only Runnig 200amps Each Amp And Ground Has A Seperate Wire The Two Gounds Meat At The Bolt.

Im Only Runnig 200amps Each Amp And Ground Has A Seperate Wire The Two Gounds Meat At The Bolt.

i know each amp pulls around 200 amps. i just thought you had both on a single ground wire hence why i said 400.

i know each amp pulls around 200 amps. i just thought you had both on a single ground wire hence why i said 400.

I Was Typing Fast I Meant To Say Each Wire Is Running 200 amps beacuse i have no distrubution block each amp has its own power wire to the battery and is own to the ground, and to mount my ground to the frame or strut i would have to have my wire exposed to the outside of my car and i didnt want to do that.

Archived