Wanting to build Pc

So this is my first attempt and I need help I am pretty sure I got everything I would need picked out but not 100% sure this would work anyone have suggestions.

Case:

COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Power Supply

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RS850-AMBAJ3-US 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Ready

Motherboard:

ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Gaming

CPU:

AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX

Water cooling:

CORSAIR H80 (CWCH80) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

RAM:

2 sets G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Boot Drive:

OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Storage Drives

3 Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB 5900 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Video Card:

XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

Optical Drive:

ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Accessories:

Hauppauge Colossus

don't forget some artic silver for your thermal paste, looks good so far, I'm assuming your SSD has a high read/write at sata 6GB right? :clapping:

Don't need thermal paste. The H80 comes with the good stuff pre-applied.

Just curious. Why are there 3 2TB 5900 RPM drives? Do you already own them?

Is this being built by you or ordered online from a custom site? (iBUYPOWER, CyberPower PC, etc.)

If you're looking for 2TB internal drives, go for these: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM

They're a full 7200RPM drive with 64MB cache and are rated to cost $0.20 more per year to operate than the 5900 RPM version. Faster drives are never a bad thing, even if they're just for data/backup.

Hopefully this helps! :drinks:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Just curious. Why are there 3 2TB 5900 RPM drives? Do you already own them?

No I don't already own them.

Is this being built by you or ordered online from a custom site? (iBUYPOWER, CyberPower PC, etc.)

Built by me.

If you're looking for 2TB internal drives, go for these: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM

Thanks for the info

They're a full 7200RPM drive with 64MB cache and are rated to cost $0.20 more per year to operate than the 5900 RPM version. Faster drives are never a bad thing, even if they're just for data/backup.

Good thinking must have missed those the drive will be for movie games music I am wanting to mak it a home theater/ Gaming machine should i get a seperate sound card if so what would i do for speakers/surround sound.

No I don't already own them.

Built by me.

Thanks for the info

Good thinking must have missed those the drive will be for movie games music I am wanting to mak it a home theater/ Gaming machine should i get a seperate sound card if so what would i do for speakers/surround sound.

I added a sound card to my computer because I just felt like the onboard Realtek chipset wasn't cutting the mustard. I use a gaming headset and there was a significant lack of bass in games and music. A soundcard is a great thing to add to most machines. YOURS on the other hand has a VERY nice onboard sound chip. I wouldn't recommend getting a sound card unless you're looking for absolute top sound quality and are using an absurdly expensive audiophile headset.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt