Second Skin Audio

Mach 5 Audio

thacarter546

225HP 1996 S-Dime

JVC KD-G820

Crunch PZi 2250 powering Two Ascendant Audio Assassin 8s wired to 2 ohm at 225W RMS 2.26CF @ 36.4Hz 43.5 square inches of port with 45's

Kicker ZX350.4 powering CDT CL-61A's with TW-24 Tweeters

Contact me:

AIM: Necromancer Ku

YIM: Ku_Karukasa

MSN: [email protected]

verification_seal.gif

I installed a pair in a friends little NX2000. they sounded alright, but he wouldn't pay for a custom box, so I only heard them in a POS prefab box, but they were still pretty impressive, especially given the price. He was giving them about 300-350rms each.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

01 Extreme i dont think were talking about the same sub, from what ive heard so far they need a good 1kw just to move and can handle 5kw without a problem.

Im seriously contemplating on of these. I know it doesnt cool as well as the BTL loaded, but i would only have money for the third mag and long coil, no cooling if i go btl. These are a good 60 bucks cheaper have similiar power handling, and already have the triple stack. No venting on the pole piece worries me though.

I was looking at the q 10"s and i just dont think im ready to downsize from a 15" to two 10"s they are just too little.

MY bad. I must have skipped part of your first post. I have seen a couple reviews on the SPL subs, and they seem to be pretty stout contenders, but I have noticed people saying they are not as good as a BTL for daily purposes. Sorry, no first hand experience with this sub.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Archived