how do i disperse bass

What snow drift said is the best way but sometimes you cant set it there. A few things that help is point it in a corner, or oldly enough point it into a closet

I was going to say to try a closet! I had 2 XTR 15's in my closet powered by a fender guitar amp and it rocked my house when I was a kid!lol

The subwoofer crawl is one of the best solutions for your problem. Standing waves are really difficult to deal with. The best thing you can do is the subwoofer crawl to deterimine the best possible spot to place the subwoofer if you have a single subwoofer. It may be possible that raising your subwoofer off the ground (anywhere from a few inches to two feet off the ground, if you have eight foot ceilings) may help work deal with the standing waves in the axial room mode. The center of the room is often the worst acoustical spot in a room, particularly a square or rectangular room. If you could, try moving your seating forward toward the quarter/third distance spot either toward the front or rear of your wall and then try the subwoofer crawl to find the hottest, or loudest spot around the room where you can place the subwoofer. You can measure by preferably using a digital or analog SPL meter, such as from Radioshack. The iPhone has free and paid apps that may do the job if you are just playing pink noise. The next best thing after optimally placing your first subwoofer is to purchase (or build) another and do the subwoofer crawl, this time looking for a spot where the output is lower to reinforce bass overall in the room. You can learn a little more about standing waves and subwoofer placement if you want here.