im just looking for a few examples for a friend ill be doing work with in the near future, its a M3 with 500hp to the wheels(in progress) after hes done ill be doing the audio work, as far as i know he wants a single sub, something cheap but not shitty, aswell as an amp to go with it, opinions? also pics of installs if you got em, anyone work with m3's before? its a 99 e36m3 iirc, whats the spare tire well like on those? big? just not sure how ill go about doing it

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i dont know how large the spare wells are.

but you can start by figuring out if the spare is a full size or a donut. then go tire height because they will match the standard height

and most donuts are going to be around 6-8 inches thick.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

but you can start by figuring out if the spare is a full size or a donut. then go tire height because they will match the standard height

this is true, i dident think of that, thanks!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

I personally haven't worked with one but with pictures I've seen, the wheel well looks at least to be 1.5-2 cubic feet, maby more. It looks like there is a good amount of depth to work with. Definitely enough room for a ported 10" or a (edit: SEALED 12" not ported. Bleh). Hope this helps

Edited by bobobass

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

this is true, i dident think of that, thanks!

no prob. that should help you narrow down how much room you could have to play with.

were you looking for a shallow mount sub? or just something that could fit.

i know the sd series from sundown are small but are pretty strong

Edited by D-train-13k

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

heres a link. sundown

you might be able to do a sealed 12 in that space

i was thinking sealed, hes not really looking for loud, just something sweet looking and fills in the lower freq. that his speakers wont pick up, i was planing on doing a raised ///M logo beauty panel aswell

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg