shit, just lost what i typed. h2/2, h2/4, h2/6, h2/8, h2/12, h2/16, h2/17, h2/19, h2/23, h2/24 is what I used for the 24 pin harness, keep in mind it might be a little different for your highlander. for the 10 pin harness, h3/1 went to ignition 1, h3/2 went to constant 12v, h3/3 went to accessory wire, h3/4 and h3/5, cut the starter wire, car side is h3/4 and key side is h3/5, h3/6 12v constant, h3/7 goes to ignition 2, h3/8 cut, h3/9 constant 12v. I might plan on using the aux wires for functions, but I'm not sure yet...its probably because I'm kinda lazy and don't want to wire up too many relays for the functions. I might end up doing it though... :drinks:

First of thank you so much for the info.. 2nd when you say h3/2 & h3/6 & h3/9 constant 12v does that mean they can all go into one ( i connecting on the ignition switch) I have 2 batt constant 12v wires white and yellow... do i use divide the into both or just use one wire?

And then on the h3/4, h3/5... i understand that part but which wire on the truck do i use i starter 1 which is black/white on my truck or do i use the starter 2 wire black on my truck?

and when you say h3/8 cut .... meaning NOT using that wire?

would you remember off hand where you connected the following wires on the truck... h2/2 neutral safety input, h2/17 hood pin input, trunk pin/instant trigger input, h2/24 (-) 200mA OEM alarm arm output..... I dont have an alarm on mine... just the lock & unlock remote on mine.

Thanks again.

Nice Glad to hear it went well... I see... im feeling abit lazy now that i cant figure this out... I still need to install the relays for the door locking etc.. Im also abit lost with the parking light isolation wire- pin 87a of onboard relay & the parking light output... where do these go? i just connected the parking light output to the positive parking light located on the kick panel drivers side.. and left the other without connecting. is that correct?

I split the 30 amp fuses up, so that there would be the least amount of draw, so i paired ignition 1 with the power for the control module on one line of the 12v, and the 2nd ignition with the accessory output on the other line, by doing this it distributes the power draw. As for starter 1 and starter 2, I am not sure because my 4runner only had 1 starter wire. This was my 1st alarm install. If someone would like to chime in that would be awesome. I am GUESSING some sort of isolation with a diode, or possibly a direct connection with both because on the wiring diagrams it does say use both wires. and yes h3/8 was cut, didnt use it. Neutral safety was grounded because its an auto trans. Hood pin I connected it at the hood pin location. I think you have to drill and put your own one in that came with the alarm kit.The instant trigger I am connecting to a tilt sensor, but I am assuming you would be able to connect it to the hatch trigger wire. I did not use the hatch trigger wire because its kind of hard to break in through my hatch without busting a window (glass break sensor) or outright drilling the key hole out...or if someone has the key code with vin numbers and has a hookup at toyota. If you do not have an alarm from toyota the arm/disarm wires are not needed. if you do then they go to the arm and disarm wires for the factory alarm. also if you have an immobilizer you need to get a bypass, and the blue/ white status output is used.

Okay for the starter part... well on my diagram it says as follows Starter Positive wire (+): black/white (use both starter wires) starter positive wire location: ignition switch harness.... Second starter wire positive wire (+): black Location: same. thats where im lost at for the starter... and the rest seem like I have now Thanks.. except the the ignition wires still.... do i have this correct... by using the install guide code.... connect H3/2 on one 12v constant line and the H3/6 & H3/9 together on the other 12v constant line? I'll be connecting the tilt sensor there as well... yea i do have a bypass already thanks for the heads up...

But yes anyone know about the starter wires...... Im abit lost.. if i connect the wrong will anything happen or will it just not try to start? I did see somewhere about the cutting the starter wire and using both violet H3/4 and green H3/5 together on the one 1 starter wire just want to confirm if correct and if so then I dont use the 2nd starter wire from the connector.

its h3/2 and h3/9 together, and then h3/6 with the control box module power on the other 12v constant. About the tilt sensor, I had to chop my plug so the 1 amp fuse goes to the control box and h3/6 wire on 12v constant, the ground when armed goes to the main harness ground when armed orange i think, and the instant trigger wire goes to the trunk pin/instant trigger h2/19...haven't installed the tilt sensor yet though. taking my time to clean up the wiring first..it got super messy

Thanks for the info... so far I feel I now have most of the wires accounted for as to where and which wires they go too... as for the door locks I'll just be getting the XK01 kit module but need to find out which wire it hooks up to in the Highlander? anyone know?

As for the sensors tilt, glass, etc.. I take they connect to the aux outputs connections on the 24-pin harness??

One other thing is the parking lights.. on the (alarm) main harness there are 2 parking light wires... white/brown= parking light isolation wire-pin 87a of onboard relay and a white parking light output... do I connect both of these if so to where on the highlander? on the Highlander I have a parking light (-) purple @ BECU 2nd plug down pin 18 and parking light (+) white to brown @ kick panel 20-pin plug, pin 8.

I connected the WHITE parking light output to the white to brown @the kick panel and taped (not connected) white/brown @harness is that correct? and do i change light flash polarity at the module to positive or negative or use no fuse? **has no fuse at the moment.

ah ok sweet thanks so much...I'll do the same with the parking light wire.

Thanks to you and ktraughb another member. I'll hopefully be able to do this in the next day or two.

Just hoping someone can share some knowledge on the XK01 module and my Highlander wires I believe since i'll be using D2D then I only need to connect the aka Data wire from the xk01 harness to the HIGHLANDER but I dont understand which wire would that be on the truck. Maybe when purchasing the XK01 they'll maybe share which wire it is hahahah...

The Orange (-)500mA Ground when armed output wire on the main harness (Car alarm) where is that wire connected to into the Highlander or any car?

the ground while armed wire for my application goes to the tilt sensor because it needs that wire. Dont worry about how long this takes you. I took 3 ish days to figure out the wire locations and what each was meant for. Total install time was about 10 hours while hungover, This resulted into some unnecessary cut wires. Thank god triple s customs had a diagram with pictures of actual locations.

The 4runner has roll up and roll down wires so I have no clue about the module.

Archived