So im installing a python 5704p (991) alarm into my 4runner (automatic trans). I do have the RS3200 with glass break sensor. Im having a hard time figuring out which wires to use on the remote start harness and the aux/shutdown/trigger harness.

The only wires I am unsure of at this point is the status, the oem alarm arm and disarm wires (location of the wires on the rs3200 alarm unit) and also the remote start heavy gauge wires (10 pin connector, and no clue what goes to where because of the flex relays, never used a flex relay before).

IMG00244-20120101-0014.jpg

IMG00245-20120101-0014.jpg

IMG00246-20120101-0015.jpg.

status output sends a negative pulse when the vehicle is remote starting ( to trigger on a immobilizer bypass or run any other external relays ). flex relay is a flexible relay that can be used for a 2nd ignition/acc or anything.

cut pink/ black, send power to all 3 red wires, hook up ignition starter and acc, and if you have a 2nd ignition hook pink/ white to it. if you also have a second acc you have to use another relay and trigger it with 2nd aux, (small gauge orange wire on the trigger harness) OR if you only have a 2nd acc and not a 2nd ignition hook the pink/white to it and program the flex relay to trigger acc.

Factory alarm disarm is if you have a factory alarm. the cars factory alarm could go off when remote starting if you have one, so you would need to send a negative pulse with that wire to your cars factory alarm disarm wire.

Good luck.

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

The control box for the alarm is under the drivers seat.

You will see a blue button facing the drivers door, that button is used to program new remotes.

I would check to make sure while cleaning the carpet the control box didn't get damaged or maybe a connector was damaged.

I know if you turn the key to the on position then push and hold the blue button for a few seconds the red alarm light on the console will stay on, you then push the remote button to teach the code to the remote.

Hey watabeast, so how did your alarm & remote start work out for you meaning the install? did you get it working correctly?

was hoping if you could give me a hand... i am installing a 5704 viper alarm exact same as yours...... into my 07 highlander... now im not completely lost.. need abit help in with the same area you needed help in...

Now the remote start 10-pin heavy gauge connector where did you connect these wires too in your 4runner? and which wires did you use? and didnt use?

Now for the 24-pin connector exact same thing where did you connect these wires in your 4runner? and which did you use?

I see there are similar wires in both connectors like PINK= (+) ignition 1 input/output (10-pin connector) and PINK/WHITE (-) 200mA ignition/flex relay control output (24-pin connector) do these connect to the same wire in the car aka to ( Ignition positive wire )

Thing is I dont know if my Highlander has flex relays and if it does where are they and at place do i connect these wires before or after the relays

shit, just lost what i typed. h2/2, h2/4, h2/6, h2/8, h2/12, h2/16, h2/17, h2/19, h2/23, h2/24 is what I used for the 24 pin harness, keep in mind it might be a little different for your highlander. for the 10 pin harness, h3/1 went to ignition 1, h3/2 went to constant 12v, h3/3 went to accessory wire, h3/4 and h3/5, cut the starter wire, car side is h3/4 and key side is h3/5, h3/6 12v constant, h3/7 goes to ignition 2, h3/8 cut, h3/9 constant 12v. I might plan on using the aux wires for functions, but I'm not sure yet...its probably because I'm kinda lazy and don't want to wire up too many relays for the functions. I might end up doing it though... :drinks:

Archived