are you positive its yellow/w red? I'm asking because in all in the wiring diagrams I've seen online for a Toyota HIghlander 2007 show the Key sensor wire as a (-) Green @ignition switch and/or BECU behind the glove box.

Opps... think I need to start my own post... for my install .....sorry watabeast....

Sorry I modded my post

Oh gotcha, thanks... I'll test the thin wire and check if the green is a (-) when I throw in the key. I take thats how I should test for it correct?

It through me off when on my diagram it say ignition 2 is a green wire and then the key sensor (green)...both at the ignition switch harness... good thing i paid attention. At first I did but disconnect them after realizing the (-) & (+) for each. Thank God!

Hey guys just hooked up my 5704 but running into a few problems 1. the remote start wont get it to crank, it does turn on accessory's etc.. and you can hear a click but no crank... question.. on the remote starter there are 2 starter wires an input & output. I was told to split the starter 1 wire but (realized it was starter 2) coming from BECU into input starter wire (remote start) and other half (key side) to starter output (of remote starter) and leave the starter 2 (which was actually starter 1) on ignition alone not used!

IS THAT THE CORRECT WAY BUT NEED TO CONNECT starter 1 and split into input and output starter wires (remote start) and leave starter 2 alone.

I also tried and put the starter 2 (@ignition) back together and had starter input (remote start) on starter 1 and starter output on starter 2 and still nothing.

Is that wrong? If so what is wrong? everywhere I get the diagrams for the highlander it says to use starter 1 (use both starter wires) then starter 2 says nothing.

Highlander has 2 starter wires, starter 1 blk, starter 2 white/blk & remote starter has 2 wires starter output (car side) & starter input (key side)

all other wires for remote starter are connected and correct.

2nd issue is the alarm remote wont LOCK the doors it does unlock all doors but wont lock. the way I Connected the doors are as follow.... http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_HIGHLANDER_TOYOTA%20and%20LEXUS%20door%20lock%20.pdf

is that correct? I'm thinking I need to check my diodes polarity.

any help would be great...

Thanks

Any one!!

for the door locks, yea i would check polarity. use the12volt.com they have a section for diodes and polarity depending on positive and negative triggers. for the starters wires I am still not sure but maybe use the control center to do a diagnostic. the how to for that is on the reference guide

Archived