Blew Fuses?

so i got around to putting my system back in today after i put on my new alt from Irragi ( its a 220 HO amp alt, GM casing) but i have a 97 tacoma 4-banger. i had the alt on there for about a week before putting my system back in, anyways i started it up everything worked fine drove to work, then i went to put my windows up ( power windows) and they strained really bad and i watched it on my voltage gauge go from 14 then dropped to 12 then when i let off it would go back up again, well i ignored it, then later on i tired to start my truck....nothing i put the key in wont crank or click nothing at all, only thing that works is my headlights, flashers and door chime when the keys in. then i started checking fuses, my main fuse under the hood for the alternator is fried and my Big 3 300amp fuse was fried. i cant get another until 2moro its 1am here. but im so lost and what could have caused my truck to do this? it is possible that i need a bigger main alt fuse since i got a bigger alt? it seems that its something with the ign maybe, i do have a rem start, keyless, alarm, dunno if that has anything to do with it, bc my keyless wont work and my rem start wont work. i kno my batts arent dead i just got them, plus i have 5 of them and they all sit at 13v. i just put a starter in the truck a few years ago. i dont kno what to do. any mech./car audio techs have any ideas or heard of this????

Archived