Jump to content

8" factory replacement


Xcon

Recommended Posts

Posted

I finally got some extra money saved to upgrade my front door speakers. I didn't realize though that it's an 8" speaker there. So any suggestions? I'm not really sure if there is a factory amp with it or where to look for one it's a 95 celica for anyone that could help me with that.

New Car!

New system starting soon hopefully depending on money.

Posted

either make a small baffle and run 6&1/2's or u can get a 8'' comp set, i think 02 audio makes one but its a 3way

might can go custom with something like some stuff off partsexpress.com, dayton speakers sound good

what kinda budget u looking at, and do u want to do 8's or just redo it to use 6&1/2's?

heres a link to em http://www.audiosavings.com/products/8-Inch-Car-Speakers/PAIR-NEW-O2-OXYGEN-AIR.83-3-WAY-8-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS/AIR.83.aspx

$116 for a damn good comp set is cheap, might have to do something custom cause i think the 8'' is a bandpass'ed low so u might have to use the 4'' mids somewhere if u can

if u run those try to keep the 4'' mid close to the tweet

damn for that price i might sell some stuff and get me a pair

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Posted

I would prefer to go with a 6 1/2 if Possible. Right now I have about $100 limit for something else to replace them. I went to my local audio store to see if they could help me with changing it to 6 1/2's and they wanted $200 just to make something for both sides..

New Car!

New system starting soon hopefully depending on money.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 962 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...