Sonic Electronix

alright i've asked about the JL subs people said overpriced but good (in general consensus) so how about their amps they look a little spendy but thats not the concern the concern is this

JL Audio 500/1v2

Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V

@ 4 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

@ 3 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

@ 2 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

@ 1.5 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

JL Audio 500/1v2

Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V

@ 4 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

@ 3 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

@ 2 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

@ 1.5 Ω 500 W RMS x 1

is this really what it gets and if so is it over rated, rated accuratly, or under rated "doubtful but ya never know"

Edited by bubbles1215

Its their RIPS system they use in the amps, its designed to give 500 watts at different ohm loads and car voltages, I heard of the 500/1 doing 720w at 2 ohms and 630 at 4 but maybe someone with more experience with these can chime in :drinks:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Its their RIPS system they use in the amps, its designed to give 500 watts at different ohm loads and car voltages, I heard of the 500/1 doing 720w at 2 ohms and 630 at 4 but maybe someone with more experience with these can chime in :drinks:

haha now i see that guess i should have looked at that but the rest of the ? still stands

The question of if its under rated or over rated?

iirc it has a regulated power supply, as in it will do 500 watts or a little over like it says it will at different loads but you wont get a massive boost at lower impedence. Once again though I dont own a JL audio amp so someone with more hands on experience could give you a better answer on what they do :drinks:

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

The question of if its under rated or over rated?

iirc it has a regulated power supply, as in it will do 500 watts or a little over like it says it will at different loads but you wont get a massive boost at lower impedence. Once again though I dont own a JL audio amp so someone with more hands on experience could give you a better answer on what they do :drinks:

well im asking cuz i want to put one on a JL 12W3V3-2 whish rms rating is 500 rms but i do know that those are rated with conservation (meaning they are under rated)

Edited by bubbles1215

I own 2 of them and love em. I use it to power my daily system in my car, when I put it in. lol. These amps have a lot of adjust-ability on them unlike others. I have had one of them for about 11 years. I use this amp for local SPL comps when they have a 500 watt class.

If you set the amp with a DD-1 you will be good to go. These amps are a lil pricey though.

Edited by crazyeight