Frist Setup, First car! 2004 Lancer - JL Mids/Highs and Amp - RE Sub

So, I've finally reached one of my life goals, which I'm yet to install. That is, owning my very own, quality subwoofer. None of that Supercheap Auto/best buy/kmart car audio shit. I went all out with my first ever install and don't regret a single thing.

Here she is:

2 x JL Audio C2 650 speakers. Two front and two rear 6.5" components, 2 rear and two front (like 25mm?) tweeters.

JVC KD-R626 Headunit (single-din) w/ 4x50w MOSFET channels, powering the speakers.

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock

RE Audio SE-X 12" D4 600w RMS sub.

Atrend 12 LSV Ported enclosure (2 or 3 cubic feet?)

Cadence full wiring kit (8 AWG)

A good taste in music.

Stock 90a alt, stock battery.

Total approx price = $1,380

Total approx value = $1,700 Thanks Audiosavings!

ZX6GLh.jpg

CtfEvh.jpg

euaUzh.jpg

Tc1B8h.jpg

DXXAnh.jpg

ocopvh.jpg

1sguxh.jpg

17hGkh.jpg

j0QCYh.jpg

kj6muh.jpg

EHxeTh.jpg

I had to snap this one - it's in km too, not miles :P

uctYqh.jpg

Edited by Fyro

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

Looks good. Should make your own box. Will be 5,000 times better lol. /end troll. But else wise...for a first build, not bad. You may want to get duals in the future...but with re audio...cant go wrong. Got a re 12 xxx for $250. They are very beasty

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Looks good. Should make your own box. Will be 5,000 times better lol. /end troll. But else wise...for a first build, not bad. You may want to get duals in the future...but with re audio...cant go wrong. Got a re 12 xxx for $250. They are very beasty

Yeah. I was a little skeptical about a prefab, but for now, with a tight budget and minimal knowledge, I'm gonna stick with the easy path until next year maybe. heh.

But yeah, deal with a Skar VVX fell through (props to Kevin though for being chill with it) and RE seemed the way to go.

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

How much did you pay for your sub?

about $175 AUD. and then with the 5% SMD discount after that.

edit - from Audiosavings, worth $345.

Edited by Fyro

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

Ah lol yeah I got mine from a lady who just divorced her husband who was into audio..got it super cheap and like a dumbass I sold it for $500 instead of keeping it because I hold so much pride in my audiobahns.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Ah lol yeah I got mine from a lady who just divorced her husband who was into audio..got it super cheap and like a dumbass I sold it for $500 instead of keeping it because I hold so much pride in my audiobahns.

Holy crap, I just realised - XXX? How did that beast sound? Its' mounting depth is larger than my sub in diameter!

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

hey man looks good.

just wondering how much and where you got your sub from.

realizing how hard it is to get decent usa equipment in au.

Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.

Holy crap, I just realised - XXX? How did that beast sound? Its' mounting depth is larger than my sub in diameter!

It sounded so beasty and clean. It hit low notes so easily and it was a work of art watching that sub move. Lol. I only tested it for like ten minutes in a sealed box. And then sold it the next day without even thinking :-(

hey man looks good.

just wondering how much and where you got your sub from.

realizing how hard it is to get decent usa equipment in au.

Cheers man.

I posted the sub price in the post above, being $175 AUD with Audiosavings pricetag. And yeah, shipping to AUS is a pain in the bank acc.

In total, it was $480 incl SMD Discount for the enclosure, sub and wiring with about $120 shipping, from memory.

Edited by Fyro

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4