Sonic Electronix

ied check all connections too, could be either a bad ground or maby speaker wires came loose and throwing it into protect

i dunno how u went up in power and no voltage drop, is it louder to ear and what ohm load do u have it at? try to wire it at a higher ohm load just to see what that does

and if u have a mids n highs amp does it cut off too? mine would start to get distorted with voltage drop with my old stinger battery, the new c&d and not much of a voltage drop at all, still around 13.8v down to no less than 13.2v at "full tilt"

oh, and with how u got it wired u need it, front battery, fuse, fuse, rear battery and then amp, the reason for the second fuse is to fuse the power comeing back threw the power wire i guess when car is off and what knot

check voltage at amp too with a dmm (digital multi meter) and see what it goes to

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ied check all connections too, could be either a bad ground or maby speaker wires came loose and throwing it into protect

i dunno how u went up in power and no voltage drop, is it louder to ear and what ohm load do u have it at? try to wire it at a higher ohm load just to see what that does

and if u have a mids n highs amp does it cut off too? mine would start to get distorted with voltage drop with my old stinger battery, the new c&d and not much of a voltage drop at all, still around 13.8v down to no less than 13.2v at "full tilt"

oh, and with how u got it wired u need it, front battery, fuse, fuse, rear battery and then amp, the reason for the second fuse is to fuse the power comeing back threw the power wire i guess when car is off and what knot

check voltage at amp too with a dmm (digital multi meter) and see what it goes to

it cant be the speaker cable i wire nutted them and wrapped in about a pound of electric tape each and its at 2 ohms. and my mids and highs amp would keep running...

DId you sand the paint away from it?

no it was some spray on rhino liner

i think he ment where the ground was, most of those bolts are just to sheet metal with a nut welded on the back side, thats how i got mine wired for now, it works but it could be better

try to sand where ground wire is and being the box is on it it could of wiggled loose, ied move it to a place that doesn't get to much movement

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I meant the ground location. And the volt meter on the dash is not accurate. A aftermarket voltmeter to the rear battery would be ideal.

oh and yes but idk if its a good ground or not it looks good. that will be my next investment but even for accuracy shouldnt it move some with the new amp? i didnt change anything other than the amp with the new system and it went from dimming lights to none at all and constant power to the dash at least.

even then, the voltage gauge in the dash is wired to the front battery only. if you ground is bad (like being on top of rhino lining) your rear battery isnt "hooked up" you arent seeing voltage drop because your rear battery isnt in the same wiring line as the front and voltage gauge itself. your rear amp worked for a few minutes using only what the battery had stored power wise. it will go into protect when it reaches below 9.6v. IE your battery in the rear is drained with now charge coming from the alt because no ground.