large case retrofit: digging for info..again

ok so for the last couple years on and off i have dug for info on what i can do for an alternator upgrade in the stock location on my saturn, yall know im a DIY type of person, and i even had a second stock alt in place of my AC pump for awhile but i soon learned how nice having AC is.. but more importantly how bad it sucks not to have it..... i know mechman did one for pioneersaturn... ive talked to both of them multiple times and i just cant get a clear answer.... pioneersaturn just didnt seem to have that much info as far as the alternator specifics... and it didnt seem like Mechman wanted to give away that much information... i apologize if these assumptions were false, no harm intended... so anyways here we go...

first i would like to start off saying that my alternator is a CS130 with the SRE style housing.... not to be confused with the CS130d, they are totally different... my problem lies along the fact that the CS130 alt is a POS...crappy cooling and output at idle...... on top of that, the factory location is on the back of the motor all the way down at the bottom of the block, and right up against the firewall... i was told by alternatorparts.com that with the location of the alt and poor design of the alt itself, he couldnt upgrade my alternator more than 105amps even with the "iceberg" casing or the alt would fail thermally... i have been told that the AD244 is a good candidate for the retrofit, and ive also heard that i might be able to do the cs144...i personally dont know which one i should try, i dont know what the plugs look like... and its hard to see the mounting ears in pics on the internet...

i know either way, im going to have to cut and grind metal to get it to fit and make my own bracket(s)... but i dont want to get one alt and get into cutting shit up and find out its not going to work. i know they make different styles of these alts so im trying to dig up info on which alt, and mounting style i need to look for..

any info anyone has with anything pertaining to this, feel free to chime in... and perhaps we can put together this puzzle

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Archived