Sonic Electronix

New to this and don't know where to post this so this seemed like the place.

Ok so I have an 01 jetta and recently I have got a new head unit professionally installed and I hooked my subs up and I go out there 2 days later an the batteries dead. I thought it might be the battery so I go to have it checked it passes then I go back to where I had it installed and they say nothin could have made it die on there part because it was Hooke up to factory harness so I think its my subs so I have the battery charged at o' Rileys and I put it back in but now I take out the fuse that was in the line for the the sub power go out the next day and it works fine. I guess my question is why is the subs killing the battery seems like its killing it when the cars off unless it's drawling to much power from the battery when it's on. I have used a light checker on the amps remote wire and it's turning of the amp so that can't be it. Any suggestions??

1 1200 watt generic amp

2 12 hifonics

Do you play your music with the car off? If I understand this correctly you said you removed the inline fuse and everything started working? If so, what gauge wire and what size fuse are you using. Also is the fuse blown?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I don't play music when my cara off (learned my lesson when I was about 10) yes I took out the fuse and seemed to run perfect. I have had the exact set up in a jeep and everythin was perfect. Both the power and ground are either 0-2 gauge. The fuse wasn't blown and I don't know what size it is it's a cylinder one tho