Mazda 323 small build. Pioneer 12's on 1k

Finally got around to down sizing my pictures so now they aren't HUGE!

Ill also get some pics of my current amp that nzbasshead very kindly bought me

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Hey just wondering is your soundmagus DK1800 still going I got one and one day just smoked up no reason (I think its because I had a too big of a fuse on it seeing if its worth fixing or get a new amp because they probably do only 1500w rms but better than nothing I live in New Zealand I am just about getting on to a build 16 8's because I just had two 18" Blaupunkt VPW 460's where abouts you located Im near Te Awamutu and some times in Hamilton Im only 16 though so just got my learnes at the moment

Hey just wondering is your soundmagus DK1800 still going I got one and one day just smoked up no reason (I think its because I had a too big of a fuse on it seeing if its worth fixing or get a new amp because they probably do only 1500w rms but better than nothing I live in New Zealand I am just about getting on to a build 16 8's because I just had two 18" Blaupunkt VPW 460's where abouts you located Im near Te Awamutu and some times in Hamilton Im only 16 though so just got my learnes at the moment

Hey man, yeah mines still going strong! I give it hell every day, im in auckland 80% of the time but travel a lot for work. A friend of mine got his dk1800 clamped, voltage stayed at 14.1 and did 1830 at one ohm (with slight distortion. clean it did 1750ish) so if you feed it the right juice it will preform.

They are so cheap for what you get, i mean we have jack shit down here its a pain in the ass! I have a mate in Te Awamutu aswel hah. Can you explain what you mean by it smoked? what was your voltage at? how hard were you pushing it. The fuse wouldnt stop anything if its a problem with the amp in the first place. Open it up and see whats happening inside it!

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Hey man, yeah mines still going strong! I give it hell every day, im in auckland 80% of the time but travel a lot for work. A friend of mine got his dk1800 clamped, voltage stayed at 14.1 and did 1830 at one ohm (with slight distortion. clean it did 1750ish) so if you feed it the right juice it will preform.

They are so cheap for what you get, i mean we have jack shit down here its a pain in the ass! I have a mate in Te Awamutu aswel hah. Can you explain what you mean by it smoked? what was your voltage at? how hard were you pushing it. The fuse wouldnt stop anything if its a problem with the amp in the first place. Open it up and see whats happening inside it!

It was working like 8 times in that install and before and had cap on and said 14.25v (on 1 farad cap drops to 14v when I turn every thing on any way heard crackle crackle from the speakers looked back and smoke was coming out of it so took out straight away but when opened up saw no real burnt marks or any thing tried it back in the car but it did weird things to my wire oh running it with 0 gauge had no voltage going through and fuse was fine but got it working now tried it on a computer power supply is got an internal reset able fuse when turned off and every time cut out my other amps switched on fine so getting quote on it toy day from multifix up in Auckland oh and was running it at 8 ohms at the time

you must get some complaints with your sound system I do and I live on a farm away from the neighbors because I roll round the farm because I only got my learners what you are you running at the moment

It was working like 8 times in that install and before and had cap on and said 14.25v (on 1 farad cap drops to 14v when I turn every thing on any way heard crackle crackle from the speakers looked back and smoke was coming out of it so took out straight away but when opened up saw no real burnt marks or any thing tried it back in the car but it did weird things to my wire oh running it with 0 gauge had no voltage going through and fuse was fine but got it working now tried it on a computer power supply is got an internal reset able fuse when turned off and every time cut out my other amps switched on fine so getting quote on it toy day from multifix up in Auckland oh and was running it at 8 ohms at the time

you must get some complaints with your sound system I do and I live on a farm away from the neighbors because I roll round the farm because I only got my learners what you are you running at the moment

Hmm that sucks man. Mu old soundstream amp died randomly too so i know how ya feel!

All my gear is in my sig... Or earlier in this BUILD LOG hah. I'm senceable about where a play loudly so I don't get told off or complained at, I get that enough from work haha

oh I forgot at RCP Audio do you sell sound deadening mat because going up to Auckland to pick up the16 8's with my brother anyway about 3 weeks time

Nah sorry man. We do live sound events, not car audio. This is just a hobby like most of us on here. But hyper car audio, are the cheapest place to buy deadner. They have the bulk packs of dynamat. Although I think they may be sold out of the bulk packs at the moment but give them a call before you come up and find out if they have any

I currently have 360$ in my account, should i spend 330 of that on deadner (on special from 400 for a bulk pack of dynamat extreme)

Payday isnt for another 7 days, But i have a full pantry and a full tank of gas. Should i get the deadner? bearing in mind, by the time my next paycheck gets here the 360 i already have will be spent on bank repayments as there is no point having money lieing around if it could be saving me elsewhere haha.

btw i REALLY NEED DEADNER haha. I was talking to ken about getting some SS shipped down here but it was way to expencive! almost 600bucks! and the time it would take to get here as wel.

Should i get it?

I already have :) hah couldn't wait any longer lol. Yeah I'll read up a bit before I start putting it on

Archived