06 chevy suburban

monoxide

ok my mom has a subruban and the stock speakers sound bad so my stepdad got her new speakers for christmas and i put the front speakers in today and they sound 1000 times better even tho they are running off the factory headunit. but as i was listening to the speakers i faded from side to side and front to back it doesnt sound like there is any speakers in the rear doors at all just the front and next to the rear hatch. if there isnt speakers in the rear doors will it atleast have the wires ran so i dont have to run them myself? we just put some coaxle speakers in there she doesnt want any thing loud just some that will sound better. i may put the rear hatch speakers in tomorrow when he got the speakers he got 6.5 and 5 1/4 what size are the ones over the hatch? because the 6 1/2 almost seemed a little to small for the front doors. i wasnt able to use the plastic bracket that chevy has there speaker mounted in so i drilled holes to screw the speaker to. ok enough rambling where do the 5 1/4 go and do the rear doors have speakers in there already or atleast the wires?

sorry for the bad spelling but its 5am and im tired.

Technically the front doors are 6.75" speakers.

The rear doors are 5.25's

03+ iirc has 2 tweeters in the a-pillars, 6.5's in the front doors, 5.25's in the rear doors and 3's in the panel by the hatch and yes there should be wire run.

Does she have the Bose system?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

I have a tahoe 04 model. Speakers should be same. 6.75" up front 5.25" rear and 3" in the hatch area. The rear doors are fairly easy to put 6.5" speakers in if you are up for that.

Current Set-Up

2004 Chevy Tahoe

Subs: 2 DC XL 15's

Box: 8.5 ft^3 @ 38hz

Amp: Amrican Bass VFL 500.1

Alt: Db Electric 250amp

Batts: 2 Kinetic HC 1200s

Radio: Pioneer 3300UB

Doors: Pyle Pro Mids/Goldwood Tweets

Amp: Alpine MRP-300/Hifonics ZX80.4

Wire: Kicker 1/0 Guage

Termlab: 153.1 Outlaw Style @ 46HZ

he already got 5.25 so im just gonna put those in there. and ill see if he wants to order some 3 inch to put up in the back hatch. how do you remove the rear door panels? are the the same as the front?

does the 06 suburban have factory tweeters? she is saying the speakers are still making a crackling noise so i thought that it may have a tweeter or some thing that is causing it. i didnt even look when i had the door apart. if it does what size is it?

Archived