Sonic Electronix

if you download the software you can see for your self

3sixty.2 software download

3Sixty2_3_m.jpg

yes you wont get a front rear fader anymore since you are doing a stereo 3-way setup

but there is only 2 sets of rca and + 1 sub(y-adaptor would be used) that can be used. front channels would be Highs and rear channels would be mids and sub channel is low. the center channel is rather useless since its limited range and it wont be stereo if you use a y-adaptor, understand?

so only 3way(tweet,mid, & sub) is possible not 4way due to the limited range in the last channel.

the software is downloading

Edited by f3rr3t
sig.png

Guest MegaloManiac

but if you do that you wont get active processing using the 3Sixty. so why waste money on the 3sixty if you arent going to use any of its fun stuff? you would be better off with an Alpine H701 to do what you are asking for the better for the same amount of money except you can use the fun stuff :)

but if you do that you wont get active processing using the 3Sixty. so why waste money on the 3sixty if you arent going to use any of its fun stuff? you would be better off with an Alpine H701 to do what you are asking for the better for the same amount of money except you can use the fun stuff :)

all im wanting is to use it as a active crossover that i can change with the remote (palm pilot)

sig.png

Guest MegaloManiac

that is the thing what you are asking is impossible using a SINGLE 3sixty. with out those extra 2 channels you need you can't do it ACTIVE, the y adaptors are just splitting the signal its pointless on the 3sixty to that. is it clear now? :)

that is the thing what you are asking is impossible using a SINGLE 3sixty. with out those extra 2 channels you need you can't do it ACTIVE, the y adaptors are just splitting the signal its pointless on the 3sixty to that. is it clear now? :)

y did rf tell me i could i just asked again

sig.png

if you play with the software you will see what I am talking about. Have you played with it yet?

playing with the software does me no good.

seeing that the highs will be using the front outputs the mids will be using the rear and the mid-basses will be using the sub output.

basically i have no control over fadeing or stuff like that only setting crossover points for my amps

im getting these cheap enough (dealer pricing) that i can run 2 can they both be ran off one pda?

sig.png

Guest MegaloManiac

Let me see if i can take a few screen shots of the software and try to explain it better

edit: yes 2 can be controlled by 1 PDA, it gives you the option to switch.

Edited by MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

Alright I think I finally can explain it better.

The Front, Rear, Center have the ability to be bandpass. But Front & Rear are the only channels that are in stereo. The Sub channel is mono and the center channel is too(while kinda, its not true stereo since there is only 1 input).

Now if you were to do it like:

Front(left & right channels) = Tweets

Rear(left & right channels) = Mids

Center(only 1 channel) = Midbass..using a Y-adaptor

Sub(1 channel) = Sub

Yes its possible, but it be rather dumb IMO to do it that way since your "midbass"...aka "center channel" is not in stereo anymore your sound stage will be all over the place, it will sound "different"(nice way of putting it).

Now if you are thinking of trying to do it this way...:

Front(left & right channels) = Tweets

Rear(left & right channels) = Mids

Center = Midbass left

Sub = Midbass right

...to eliminate the sub and run the deck off the sub then it still wont work because you cannot cross the sub channel high enough; you are limited to HP 30hz(if infrasonic is on) & LP 200hz.

picture1tp0.png

picture3li3.png

conflicts & thoughts i see :

- infrasonic is only meant to compensate for vehicle acoustics, doesnt help much in this situation

- anything playing below 60ish hz is no longer a midbass its a sub now(:P)

- generally most midbass drivers arent meant to play that low

- sub channel is not bandpassed so its not playing like your center channel anymore

- no time delay on sub channel

- EQ is capped off at 160hz on sub channel

But for what you are asking it is impossible to do a True 4-way active system. without that extra channel it cannot be done.

Since you can get the 3Sixty.2 rather cheap either get a second one and you can still use a pda, or get an alpine h701+c701 combo for around $400-500.

I hope that explained it better

Edited by MegaloManiac