Sundown Audio

sounstream STL1.1200D HELP

I just reinstalled my amp which is a sounstream STL1.1200d and it doesn't work. In my build log a member said to check the fuses, so I went to my car to do this. BUTTTT the amp doesn't have any on it? I thought they always had to have some. Does anyone know why the amp would stop working? I have checked all the power/ground wires and they solid and good to go. But the amp doesnt turn on, even when I jump the remote wire from the 12v input it doesn't work.

My main concern is the fact that it doesn't have any fuses though, I have two on the 12v cable but isnt the amp meant to have its own?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

If your amp doesn't have any fuses on it, you need to be sure to tie in a fuse on your power cable near the battery. Not every amplifier has fuses built in, but many of them do. Was your amp working before? Is it in protect mode, or is there zero power? Use a DMM if you have one to test for 12v power and ground at the amplifier.

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK

there are no onboard fuses on that amp. which some companies do. i know you said you bridged the 12v and remote, but did you check to see if you're getting at least 12v on the main power line? thats the very first thing i would look at. look at every single connection along that power line, especially at the two fuse holders. if you have a multimeter that would help out tremendously here. next thing i would look at is your ground. where is it bolted to? is the paint sanded off as to make the metal shiny where the wire lug contacts the metal?

Edited by Kranny

there are no onboard fuses on that amp. which some companies do. i know you said you bridged the 12v and remote, but did you check to see if you're getting at least 12v on the main power line? thats the very first thing i would look at. look at every single connection along that power line, especially at the two fuse holders. if you have a multimeter that would help out tremendously here. next thing i would look at is your ground. where is it bolted to? is the paint sanded off as to make the metal shiny where the wire lug contacts the metal?

Yeah ive checked all the lines with my DMM and they are all fine. I also know they work fine because I have a volt meter that i put in with the amp inputs and it was reading 12.6v so I know the connections are fine. Ground is connected to the suspension bolt that comes up to the frame. it has been sanded down so its super shiny.

Is there anything inside the amp that may of blown? Ive opened it up and cant see anything burnt or anything.

If I cant get this amp working its going to be no car audio for me for a wile, I have no money to get a new amp/repair this one

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

If your amp doesn't have any fuses on it, you need to be sure to tie in a fuse on your power cable near the battery. Not every amplifier has fuses built in, but many of them do. Was your amp working before? Is it in protect mode, or is there zero power? Use a DMM if you have one to test for 12v power and ground at the amplifier.

I have two fuses on the 12v line, one by the battery and one by the amp. they are all fine. it isnt going into protect, it isnt doing anything. simply nothing haha, no power lights are coming on or anything.

if everything checks out, it may just be a messed up amp. i hate to say it but it happens. you can post picture of the amp internals (good quality ones) but other than that i cant think of anything else that can help you out.

if everything checks out, it may just be a messed up amp. i hate to say it but it happens. you can post picture of the amp internals (good quality ones) but other than that i cant think of anything else that can help you out.

Im just about to head out for a few hours so ill take pics when I get back. so check back later. I hope it hasn't died. I just finished my new box and now wont be able to hear it :cray:

i hope someone else chimes in with some ideas. i know how much it sucks to be in your situation

Thanks for your input man

Only other thing I can think of... do you have at least 8 volts on your remote lead or remote jumper you are using?

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK