I have a 97 s10 ex cab 2wd. The rims are 20 x 8 inch American racing Iroc Replicas on 255/35 20's. I just bought newer shocks for the truck, Monroe sensa-tracs up front and airmaxx in back and i kinda wanna keep those. I wanna keep the price down.

I heard to keep my shocks im stuck doin spindles and that pretty much limits me to 2 inches up front right? I also heard the belltechs messed with the geometry? I was thinkin about going with summit spindles cuz they are remarked djm's?

And am i limited to blocks out back? I want this as low as possible while stil;l maintaining a comfortable ride and i dont wanna rub too bad when i run the rims. I was also hoping to run some 225 60 15"s in the winter cuz we get a ton of ice and this truck is a big ice skate. I really dont wanna hack up my frame.

Is there any ride comfort with the nitro drop shocks? im not totally opposed to switching up front, but i wanna be able to lift my rear with the airshocks when i go out to the country.

Hope that makes since. Help me pick out a drop please.

My buddy is running the same size tire combo as you and has 2 inch drop coils in the front and 2 inch spindles i believe and 4 inch blocks out back. He still has shocks on his truck. Ill have to ask him what exactly he did, ill try to get ahold of him and let you know.

xa-1.gif

Id love to bag it, but i cant do that myself. And if I did id have to buy the pre-done parts like 6k cuz i dont know how to do it. The only shop in the area ive found wants 4500 to bag it and they wont allow me to pick out the parts i want. Ive heard static is pretty easy to do with basic knowledge you just have to get it aligned after.

you will probably lose a little ride quality. A 2/3, or a 3/4 drop would take away any wheel gap you have. you could go as low as a 5/7 drop, maybe even more, but you will not have good ride quality at all. I would personally suggest a 3/4 drop.

EDIT: BTW, static drops are cake. bagging is where things start getting tricky, although s-10/blazers are still pretty damn easy. you could always bag the front, and just block, and drop leaf the rear. bagging the front is pretty easy, and you can do it completely bolt on with very little cutting of the coil pocket.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

see its the back id be worried about id have to do something like the road grater and im not sure how much clearance id have.

clearence wouldn't be an issue because you would lose a sizeable chunk of your bed floor. Bolt on kits are expensive as hell. i hope you dont plan on carrying much in your bed anymore if you bag it. personally I would be more worried about losing your A/C and heater, especially if you live up north. laying out on 20's means you lose your AC, unless you want to buy an aftermarket system like hotrod air.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Ive never heard about losing your air and i wouldnt wanna lay frame just lay real low. And i need my heat but as for air, i dont ever use it, but i would like that area for a second alternator. i dont really need my bed except for sandbags in the winter. I have to tell people all the time, no im not gonna haul this or that around for you, i very rarely put anything in the bed. The airgrater advertises that you dont need to cut the bed however.

Just confuses me.

Archived