iPad dash in a Durango

So my first go around at fabrication and fiberglass i made an iPad dash for my silverado and it turned out pretty decent. nothing crazy but I love it, my best friend loved the idea and wanted one built for his truck so I built him one.. heres where I am now

glueing the top trim piece together..

photo4-3.jpg

rough of the bezel before I sanded the edges well.

photo5-3.jpg

fleeeeeced up

photo6-2.jpg

photo7-2.jpg

resined up

the lines along the seems is hot glue I used to seal up the crevices in the t-shirt material so the resin wouldnt go through the small "cracks" if you will for lack of better term

photo9-1.jpg

photo10-1.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo8-2.jpg

since these pictures were taken Ive laid down two layers of glass, should have those pics up in a few hours, almost done with this thing. just need to throw some bondo-glass and then bondo on it, spray it black and install it

good job i really want to do this as well but it's not really a priority atm, you're going to cut the hole for the button after i'm guessing?

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

good job i really want to do this as well but it's not really a priority atm, you're going to cut the hole for the button after i'm guessing?

yeah after all the glassing is done im going too. no point to cut it before then basically recut it after fiberglassing over it.

This is pretty rough looking. The bezel cut out is just not up to par. I hope you plan to reshape that before its done. Its very jagged looking and doesnt appear to be parallel with the ipads screen, especially the top right corner.

yeah i cleaned it up alot now, im slackin on pics but I almost got this done, the cut looks hella better now. pics will be up soon.

• 5 months later...

X3

if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned.

If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick.

It just does not make sense at all.