Sundown Audio

need help on a amp

cgomez90

a (NICE 2500 watt D CLASS) Two Chanel amp, that is at least (1 omh stable).. would work for what you trying to get done! but note at that low of omh's you might want to add you a secondary battery, and upgrade your alternator if its in your budget to do? that would maximize the true performance of your system.. many might say this would double the performance!! hope that helps you out on this amp matter..

why the FUCK would someone buy a two channel for subs? (not counting the dc 12k)

depending on how big his stock alt is, he may or may not be fine. yeah he'll definitely need a secondary agm group 31 battery and the big 3 done. but i'd just do the battery and big 3 for now, and watch your voltage

a (NICE 2500 watt D CLASS) Two Chanel amp, that is at least (1 omh stable).. would work for what you trying to get done! but note at that low of omh's you might want to add you a secondary battery, and upgrade your alternator if its in your budget to do? that would maximize the true performance of your system.. many might say this would double the performance!! hope that helps you out on this amp matter..

why the FUCK would someone buy a two channel for subs? (not counting the dc 12k)

depending on how big his stock alt is, he may or may not be fine. yeah he'll definitely need a secondary agm group 31 battery and the big 3 done. but i'd just do the battery and big 3 for now, and watch your voltage

ok well tell me why not than? and while your at it, let me know what car you know of that comes with a stock alt that's putting out 170 amps?

ok well tell me why not than? and while your at it, let me know what car comes with a stock alt that's putting out 170 amps?

lots of new cars come with large stock alts.

why dont you want a two channel for subs? cause one, 99% of them are only bridgeable down to 4 ohms. two, i've never seen a two channel that can output over ~1000wrms. three, its a waste of money because they arent made for subs. four, if you run two subs, one on each channel, and you have them in a common chamber box like a smart man, they will cancel each other out whenever the bass frequencies in a song arent balanced perfectly 50/50 on the left and right channels which is 99.99999% of the time. five, monoblocks are more cost effective for subwoofers. six, two channels are pretty much meant for extremely small woofers (like 200rms) or for someone looking to drive multiple mids and highs.

should i keep going noob?

edit: if you're thinking of the monoblocks that have two sets of speaker terminals (which is like, almost all of them), that can make it appear that it has two channels, but it doesnt. you're mistaken and you're an idiot for questioning me

edit 2: i've seen tons of cars that can run larger amps on a stock alt, as long as they have the battery reserve to back it up. im not saying that he WONT need one, but its not like his car is going to fucking explode if he doesnt drop $500 on a new alt. hence why i said for him to WATCH HIS VOLTAGE so he wont risk hurting the amp.

edit 3: you're even more of a noob when he listed what woofers he had in his very first post and you still asked what the hell the power handling was. it takes me 10 seconds to put ascendantaudio.com into my address bar and find the woofer

Edited by Kranny

what is your budget on an amp thats the first thing

90 honda civic lx 4 door

sony cd head unit

mmats mp5 eq/crossover/line driver

35 farad hybred cap

ppi sedona 430ix on mids/highs

hifonics brutus brz1700.1d @2 ohm 1200w rms

front/jl audio evo 6.5 components

rear/kove audio 2 way 5.25

subs/pioneer premier tsw3002spl 12x2 1000wrms ea 3000w peak

and a hi amp alt 160a

http://www.stevemead...0s-honda-civic/

ok well tell me why not than? and while your at it, let me know what car comes with a stock alt that's putting out 170 amps?
lots of new cars come with large stock alts. why dont you want a two channel for subs? cause one, 99% of them are only bridgeable down to 4 ohms. two, i've never seen a two channel that can output over ~1000wrms. three, its a waste of money because they arent made for subs. four, if you run two subs, one on each channel, and you have them in a common chamber box like a smart man, they will cancel each other out whenever the bass frequencies in a song arent balanced perfectly 50/50 on the left and right channels which is 99.99999% of the time. five, monoblocks are more cost effective for subwoofers. six, two channels are pretty much meant for extremely small woofers (like 200rms) or for someone looking to drive multiple mids and highs. should i keep going noob? edit: if you're thinking of the monoblocks that have two sets of speaker terminals (which is like, almost all of them), that can make it appear that it has two channels, but it doesnt. you're mistaken and you're an idiot for questioning me edit 2: i've seen tons of cars that can run larger amps on a stock alt, as long as they have the battery reserve to back it up. im not saying that he WONT need one, but its not like his car is going to fucking explode if he doesnt drop $500 on a new alt. hence why i said for him to WATCH HIS VOLTAGE so he wont risk hurting the amp. edit 3: you're even more of a noob when he listed what woofers he had in his very first post and you still asked what the hell the power handling was. it takes me 10 seconds to put ascendantaudio.com into my address bar and find the woofer
lots of new cars come with large stock alts. why dont you want a two channel for subs? cause one, 99% of them are only bridgeable down to 4 ohms. two, i've never seen a two channel that can output over ~1000wrms. three, its a waste of money because they arent made for subs. four, if you run two subs, one on each channel, and you have them in a common chamber box like a smart man, they will cancel each other out whenever the bass frequencies in a song arent balanced perfectly 50/50 on the left and right channels which is 99.99999% of the time. five, monoblocks are more cost effective for subwoofers. six, two channels are pretty much meant for extremely small woofers (like 200rms) or for someone looking to drive multiple mids and highs. should i keep going noob? edit: if you're thinking of the monoblocks that have two sets of speaker terminals (which is like, almost all of them), that can make it appear that it has two channels, but it doesnt. you're mistaken and you're an idiot for questioning me edit 2: i've seen tons of cars that can run larger amps on a stock alt, as long as they have the battery reserve to back it up. im not saying that he WONT need one, but its not like his car is going to fucking explode if he doesnt drop $500 on a new alt. hence why i said for him to WATCH HIS VOLTAGE so he wont risk hurting the amp. edit 3: you're even more of a noob when he listed what woofers he had in his very first post and you still asked what the hell the power handling was. it takes me 10 seconds to put ascendantaudio.com into my address bar and find the woofer
quick ? for the dude who's being verbally disrespectful. .. a D CLASS AMP with TWO terminals would technically be considered a 2 what? and thaks for the knowledge of what 99.9% of new cars come with, I have 2009 ss impala, and the 135 amp alt that it came with went out on me twice after I put the system in the car!! and when the cars warranty ran out, I put the 220 amp alt in, along with a 2100w stinger battery for the trunk. now i'm without worries of not having enough power for my fuaion ppam 300010 and the 2 jl w6 woofers that i have in it... look bro i'm not here to say what you do, or what you don't know.. but what i'm saying is right!! outside of not typing MONO BLOCK? after the 2 CHANEL !! forgive me!!