Ok here goes. i have gutted the ENTIRE tc. i dont know how to move the "Huge car audio project" here so im simply going to continue it from stripping the inside onward in this forum.

79120_9173a4eac9.jpg

and that is my gutted tc. and this is the pile in the living room..the wife was NOT amused. as according to her i never told her i was doing this.....

79040_a2729b44f7.jpg

79041_d6bd90b920.jpg

ok so i am waitin on the FAT MAT roll. here is the game plan

#1- scrub all the exposed areas to insure adhesion

#2- install 100' roll fo FAT MAT.

#3- install 3 pieces of STINGER Carpet Pad

79134_ab64651eda.jpg

#4-COMPLETELY rewire Audio System starting at the battery

#5- Build custom amp rack for the trunk and cover it with carpet

#6-Install STINGER OVERKILL in door panels and reinstall panels

79137_6ebea9592c.jpg

#7-reinstall carpet and center console after covering console with XPELL CF looking vinyl

79131_286b66eaca.jpg

#8-reinstall all panels

#9-reinstall system and new sub box from http://www.supercrewsound.com/

79133_22fd74f4bd.jpg

79132_379f416fc8.jpg

see it even has divets to hug the protrutions inside. it is a perfect snug fit with no gaps.

#10- install awesome new FOCAL tweeters that allow me perfect tweeter imaging with no pillars or other purchases

79140_f1c2f8c25d.jpg

P.S. Here is the link showing the gutting of the car

http://clubsciontc.com/fo...huge-audio-project-45798/

thank you thank you. and im gonna make some scion XB kick panels an offer they cant refuse with a dremel to get another set of speakers up front and this baby came today!!!

79837_171806a34a.jpg

79838_ee6b6eade8.jpg

this is my second piece of audiocontrol gear it will enable me to set a custom eq profile for up to 8 sources/profiles save them and select them from the cockpit..as well asan incredible good digital eq

ok i promised an update and the weather finally held

factory wire guides are huge and not suitable to go underneath fatmat AND carpet pad.

so i bought a few hundred of these guys

80460_cb700f9d06_m.jpg

80458_3cd62ad98b.jpg

here is the passenger side with the fatmat installed. it is important to keep the factory wiring harnesses where they ran in case you need to have the vehicle serviced.

80461_eea18f86cf.jpg

i am using a thicker butyl based product on the transmission hump as carpet pad wont go there i am going to double layer stinger roadkill.

will try and do some more tuesday morning.

after reading a LOT of complaints on fat mat i did some more research and decided to let it air out for 2 weeks after that i let it heat up in the sun several times upon installing it the smell is all gone. it seems quit sticky as i did not use soap and water or solvent i used JUST rubbing alcohol.