Vrollin's Holden Crunch VE SSV Ute (Pontiac G8 Pick-up/Truck)

Clean as dude. Love the box it has given me a good idea for me to build one for mine i just picked up a Series 2 VE ute

i want a ported box so i plan todo somthing like yours but bring the port in the middle of both seats. We will see how that turns out..

Probably will work very well and give you a bit more flexibility with design to start from scratch. Only reason the boxes wound up being designed as they are is so that I could maintain the position of the amp and re use the amp fascia.

Nice pickup on the S2, did you go the 8 or a 6?

Probably will work very well and give you a bit more flexibility with design to start from scratch. Only reason the boxes wound up being designed as they are is so that I could maintain the position of the amp and re use the amp fascia.

Nice pickup on the S2, did you go the 8 or a 6?

I use drawing programs for work so i have had a play with different designs if you want some if you rebuild yours. How do you keep it flat in the back do you have something under it next to the tunnel on both sides

Its only a Sv6 because i found it dirty cheap on car sales and wasnt sure if i ute would suit me so im trying it out and if i like it ill get a S2 SSV or maloo when the VF comes out so prices will drop on them, Dont realy mind because its cheaper to run then my 09 :P

• 4 weeks later...

Not much to update, did finish the box and works a treat. Also dynamatted the passenger door finally. Need to build the other box, waiting on a Powerbond OEM balancer and then will get a tune also.

In the mean time, have also been playing with sketchup, modelled the stereo build I have in the ute, pretty fun program....

SubBaseTrim.jpg

SubBackTrim.jpg

TopPanelTrim.jpg

SubBox2-1.jpg

SubBox2-2.jpgsubsetupcomplete-1.jpg

FPP1000.jpg

FPP10002.jpg

• 1 month later...

nah no updates yet, getting a tune done soonish, waiting on a second version of the fascia to fit after-market decks that is rumoured to hit the shelves soon... and still only running one sub because Ive been too lazy to rebuild the second box... :P

• 1 month later...

Just picked the ute up from a tune, came back with 256.5kw. They werent able to get a before figure as it was pinging and they didnt want to push it, so little shattered about no before to compare to. Also didnt get a torque figure as they measured it at road speed and not rpm, was the figure I was most interested in bit annoying...

Any way shifts a lot harder and much more responsive now, will break traction at the drop of a hat haha....

No scanner so ill get some photos of the sheets later....

Also had a powerbond harmonic balancer thrown on a little while ago as the oem unit was on its way out.

Still have to build that second box.....*facepalm*

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, finished the second box a couple weeks back, battery is on the way out so going to replace it with nothing too crazy but just something with a few more CCA than the factory unit. Been thinking about a full rebuild on what I have reg the subs, basically the idea is to build one long box with a shared port in the middle, then in the middle and ends glass some nice curves into it and on the ends glass it up to the edge of the trim so that I can trim it and get a more flush factory fit look so its not so squared off looking. Amps...? Unsure how I want to have them, they may very well just end up under the passenger seat again, orrrrr there is an area under the tray liner that I could completely hide them away and have them outside of the cabin run the wires back into the cabin via some grommets that back there. Would just have to make sure they are weather proofed and receive adequate cooling....

• 4 months later...

Archived