I have purchased a 97 expedition that has a factory alarm that I am going to be transfering my sytem into over the next few weeks. The trucks front doors have been pryed open through the keyhole so my questions are what is the point of the factory alarm? does a theif basically disable the factory alarm when entring the truck like this?

I pulled my viper 5901 from my old car and saving up to have it reinstalled into the truck but will there still be a loophole theives will have with trying to open the doors with a screwdriver for a key? I will obviously replace the handles but these are things I have in my head that hopefully someone with alarm knowledge can put to rest.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

alot of factory alarms are made for immobilizing so the car is not stolen, as far as having that alarm put in your new truck you should be good as long as all of the trucks accessories work correctly (pin switches etc) alarm accessories work correctly( shock sensor etc) and have it installed by a professional. you will be fine

Thanks all the trucks locks work fine with the factory key fob the tailgate opens and locks along with everything else so that will also trigger the viper alarm just like any other door if opened the wrong way while alarm is armed?

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

yes it sounds like everythings in good working order, if pin switches happen to be bad and the installer says so get them to replace them, better safer than sorry, if you get paranoid you can always add extra shock sensors and a glass break sensor, tilt sensor etc. i think you'll be good though.