Alternator Factory Wiring HELP!

I have purchased a High Output alternator from Iraggi Alternator about 3 years ago, for my 2002 Chevy Impala 3.4L, and have recently sent it down to get a different voltage regulator installed on it. Well being that, that was the first time having it disconnected in 3 years, upon getting it back and re-installing it, I noticed that the female plug socket on that alternator, did not match with what was on my factory plug!! This raised instant alarm!

optimized20120329125012.jpg

This is what is on the alternator, the female opening. The 2 pins are centered.

optimized20120329125032.jpg

This is my factory plug that is coming from the car. You will notice that only 1 of the female pin openings is on the center of the plug, while the other is on the far end, making no contact what-so-ever.

optimized20120329125113.jpg

And this is a shot of the top of the factory plug. You can see that the red wire is the only one making contact to a pin. While the orange is on the end, making no contact.

I am concerned because I am not getting a steady voltage output from this alternator. At idle the voltage is fluctuating from 14.3 to 15.3, not holding a steady mark at all. From what I have read elsewhere, the red is like the ignition signaling wire, like a alternator on/off switch of some sorts. And the orange is supposedly for voltage regulation by the car. I would like to double check on this though. I can move the orange wire over one, but idk if it will hurt anything if it isn't suppose to be there. Also idk if the red wire is even on the right pin, I can't find any wiring schematic or anything for this.

I need some help on this; Dom said he could look at it but I already sent it down to him before. I'm in NY, him in TN, shipping is enough back and forth. Thanks for any help!!!!

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

Found info. Post Closed.

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

Archived