Sonic Electronix

Best way to run 3-4 Skar VVX-15's

I have been following this forum for awhile now and figured it was finally time to make an account and get active.. I have learned a ton, so thanks to everyone for making this such an informative forum!

Right now I have (in an '07 Impala)

2 Skar VVX-15's tuned at 28hz at about 3 cubes each

Soundstream RUB1600.1

Optima batt and the big 3 done..

I am really happy with how it sounds.. but it's time to go with more. I am planning on atleast 3, possibly 4 if I can make em fit... gonna depend on how I end up setting them up, which I where I need some help.

Sealed forward or rear firing?

I want it to be as loud as possible while diggin super low.. I really dont even play any higher bass (not sure the hz range, only the low lows) just personal preference.. I hate the way higher hz bass sounds when its played through the subs, I'd rather let my mid drivers handle the rest.

I am really hoping that you guys tell me sealed forward is gonna be the way to go because I am already losing so much through my trunk lid and it resonates sumthin serious..

So, if sealed forward it is... my next question is the best way to run the port? I dont think I will have enough room to fire both the subs and the port forward.

If rear firing, same question with the port.. since I won't have room for both firing in the same direction.

What are my options?

I want LOUD, LOW and HAIR TRICKS!! :) Hoping to get around 150db with it...

Thanks!

Archived