Weird thing with Pioneer Avic F90bt HPF

When im playing my system and i go to the sound settings, theres a window that allows me to change the HPF from 0-50-80-100 to 125.

While my bass is hitting and im flipping it from 0 to 125 each setting changes my bass dramatically. When i have it at 125 my bass is no where near as loud as when i put it at 0. When i change it from 0 to 50 it still is loud but a little less than 0, then from 50 to 80 even less bass and so on.

I played a rap song that had a 25hz bass line in it and i noticed while my hpf is at 0 that bass line is played by my subs, and when i put the hpf at 125 that bass line is somehow filtered out to where its gone. BY THE HPF?

My other setting in the subwoofer settingls is the LPF but that does absolutely nothing when im flipping it from setting to setting while my bass plays.

Any thoughts on why or what should i do. I so far just leave it 50 on the hpf since my subs dont like 28hz and down and the 50 setting takes those out while not messing with my 32 plus too much.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

you have your rcas mixed up, pull your h/u and put the rcas for the sub amp to the SUB preout, i think on those models its just 1 input for sub if you have the pigtails, so use a y connecter or just use 1 rca

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

you have your rcas mixed up, pull your h/u and put the rcas for the sub amp to the SUB preout, i think on those models its just 1 input for sub if you have the pigtails, so use a y connecter or just use 1 rca

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-F90BT

looks like 3 pairs. one for subs two for everything else. But you are right. you ninja

a HPF blocks notes lower than Xhz. which is what a subsonic filter is.

edit: you also use a HPF for regular door speakers. unless you're doing bandpass or something, which is another story

Edited by Kranny

Thats whats confusing on other head units the hpf only affected the door speakers but on this one it affects my bass.

So my rca's aare mixed up or is this just a subsonic? but then why also have an lpf option?

My brother put in the radio a while back but im just now sharing this with smd.

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

your rcas are just mixed up, simple fix

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Ok i was reading the hpf has a 12 db slope from setting to setting and the lpf has a 18db slope from setting to setting.

So what should i expect when i do fix my rcas right? Specifically with a bass line of 30hz and stuff or will i see no change at all and just will now tweak the lpf setting instead of the hpf like i used to?

You should expect to get a a lot less vocals and midbass in your subs when you use your LPF properly. You might want to see if your amp has an lpf and if it is enabled. Where you set it just depends on things like your musical tastes and what subs you have and the enclosure they are in. Whatever you do i think 80hz is a good starting point for an lpf and then adjust down from there.

I have everything setup right as far as my amps i know how to tweak them and yes the lpf is used on my bass amp.

It was just a weird situation i was writing about how my headunits hpf was allowing and filtering bass when its always the lpf handling that and not the hpf which is for the vocals and highs.

Im going to checj the rcas and hopefully they were put wrong if not ill be pretty lost.