Just wanna hear about what tickles the fancy of everyone when you're the only one listening to your music.

My personal headphones: Kicker HP541, Stinger audio cable (stock cable was extremely flimsy and the studio cable that comes with them is about 11 feet long). Out of the box, mids and highs were very crisp and slightly fatiguing after an hour or two of listening, but after a good burn they've tamed down a bit and I had no problem (other than my ears getting sore because they're really big and are slightly cramped in these phones, regular ears should be fine) listening to them for 6 straight hours during a resent road trip. My only concern is that through an ipod (i have a 5th gen nano) the bass has a hard time coming through because there just isn't enough power to push them to their potential. An ipod puts out ~30mw at 16 ohms and they handle 150mw at 40 ohms, correct me if I'm wrong. So unamplified, the the bass is lacking, but a Fiio E6 amp is on its way and I have a feeling the bass will really wake up with the added power and the sound will balance out better.

Regardless, I'd recommend them to anybody who wants a pair of good sounding cans for a little over $100 CAN. But if you buy them, spend the little extra to get a good cable. They sound as good or better than Beats once you find a comfortable listening position and they're probably the best bang for your buck that you'll find.

• 3 months later...

Well I've put some more burn on 'em and I have a few things to say.

In regards to reliability/general toughness, I am more than pleased. They're basically bulletproof.

As for sound, I'm a little disappointed. It might just be my pair, but it seems like the left side is more isolated compared to the right. When listening to each side individually they both sound crisp and clear, but together you can notice that the bass is heavier on the left and it feels like a completely sealed can while the right side is less bass-oriented and it feels only semi-sealed (which I prefer). And the worst thing is, it seems to be getting worse!

I'll definitely be getting a new pair of cans soon.