Sundown Audio

I Need A Repair guy...

Well what is you guys best opinion.

throw the amp out or sell it for $30 and buy another brand new one for $150.

edit: if you try to upgrade one section, the other sections are going to be stressed more. causing them to fail faster. then you'll have to upgrade those, and etc etc. its not worth it for a piece of shit amp like that. like i, and other people said

Edited by Kranny

I got it for free so I'm just playing around with it. These amps are not shit. I have 4 of them myself and they have no problems what so ever. They have been hooked up for 2 years now. 2 strapped and two more strapped running 1.33ohm daily. They are shit when u run them at low voltage. I've also suggested close to 50 of these amps and hooked maby 40 of them up for people and I have always said to people "if u run it low on voltage, it will blow shit up." Sent about 10 of those 40 back. So a 20% failure rate all coming from user error is pretty damn good to me. I'm just trying to extend my knowlage here guys, not bashing. Srry if I offend anyone because I love and support my budget amps that I have put through he'll and back for the past 2 years.

I got it for free so I'm just playing around with it. These amps are not shit. I have 4 of them myself and they have no problems what so ever. They have been hooked up for 2 years now. 2 strapped and two more strapped running 1.33ohm daily. They are shit when u run them at low voltage. I've also suggested close to 50 of these amps and hooked maby 40 of them up for people and I have always said to people "if u run it low on voltage, it will blow shit up." Sent about 10 of those 40 back. So a 20% failure rate all coming from user error is pretty damn good to me. I'm just trying to extend my knowlage here guys, not bashing. Srry if I offend anyone because I love and support my budget amps that I have put through he'll and back for the past 2 years.

yes they are shit. dirty ass power. terrible note response. inefficient as hell. cook an egg on them. yeah so what if they do "rated" power. it doesnt mean that that power isnt dirty. and i dont mean dirty as in clipping. dirty as in a dirty signal because the internals are crap.

i held 13's and 14's on mine all day and it still caught on fire. been running my aq for two years and i havent had a single problem with it. dont say it was user error cause it wasnt. look at the board on the crap pipe for god sakes. the part tolerances are huge as hell. so half the board is going to be working harder than the other half. the solder jobs are ugly as hell.