Sound Proofing A Tahoe

I'm going to be starting a new project soon. 2001 Tahoe, wall of 4 Kicker L7 15s and 2 ZX2500.1s. 3 150 amp alternators and 3 Kinetik HC2400s. Design and build of all this is no big deal. My only question now is dynamat placement and layering.

As soon as I get the vehicle I'm going to strip it and lay down as much as possible. But for an spl/daily driver. How many layers should I do? How many layers on the roof? I was told about the strips of MDF wood on the roof, but I was also told it might mess up the headliner. Any suggestions? Also where should I put the dynamat? Over every surface?

do you plan on competing in db or iasca? if so you might want to read the rules before you go puting too much mat/spray down, in comps they do limit how much you are allowed to use.... but if you only plan on daily for fun with no comps then dont worry

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

do you plan on competing in db or iasca? if so you might want to read the rules before you go puting too much mat/spray down, in comps they do limit how much you are allowed to use.... but if you only plan on daily for fun with no comps then dont worry

I do the USACi comps, they are closer to home, I'll look into their rules but I don't remember reading anything about that in em.

• 4 months later...