Second Skin Audio

Response curve question.

most amps bass boost is around 50 hz you might try turn the bass boost on your down a little and see if it flattens out any , otherwise it sounds to like that's just going be how these subs are which would be ok if you only listened to rap i suppose .but if your like me you want your system to sound good playing anything. i had some alpine type r's and didn't care for them because of a wacky response curve kind of like the one you talk about . part of response problem could be do to the acoustic characteristics of your vehicle . you could try to figure it out but you might have better luck going shopping for some new subs .

most amps bass boost is around 50 hz you might try turn the bass boost on your down a little and see if it flattens out any , otherwise it sounds to like that's just going be how these subs are which would be ok if you only listened to rap i suppose .but if your like me you want your system to sound good playing anything. i had some alpine type r's and didn't care for them because of a wacky response curve kind of like the one you talk about . part of response problem could be do to the acoustic characteristics of your vehicle . you could try to figure it out but you might have better luck going shopping for some new subs .

Thanks for the reply. I am not using any bass boost. My mids play fairly well down to 65 so during my test i noticed that flipping the phase switch on my sub amp gave me more midbass. So i did have some cancellation before. I also had attenuated my mid's freq, from 80 and below as much as i could. Now that i am not cancelling any more i have let those freq. down to 65 play on my mids and am still attenuating below that by as much as i can. That has helped a lot but there is only so much you can do with a mid range driver.And like you i listen to a large variety of music. I may be expecting too much, or like you said it could just be the car's characteristics. Tomorrow i will try moving the box around again and try subs up and forward and such and see what happens. I do remember subs up was a close second to subs back, so maybe i could sacrifice a few db's o get some Sq. Not like i am competing anyway.

alot of trial and error is your best bet to make this set up work as sound can be somewhat mysterious at times . if you prefer sound quality to volume i would stay with the sealed box . now that i have thought about it a while i think i would try adding some poly fill acoustic damping material inside your box and see if that improves it any