Sonic Electronix

lots of mid's and high's! mono amps or multi-channels??

whatsup bassheads so i got a question and want to know what your guy's opinions are. So pretty soon im going to be buying a brand new either gmc 1500 sierra crew cab or silverado. Iam gonna do a blow through into the cab with two 15inch soundstream xxx's and i have the amps and everything for that. what i want to know is inside the cab im going to have alot of speakers! 12 tweeters, 4 8inch subs, and 10 6.5 speakers. should i get a shit load of multichannels or a couple mono amps to power all of these?? by the way this is going to be a soundstream build since i have a hookup :twirl:

yeah im rethinking it and will probably have one or maybe two tweeters in each door with two 6.5s and one 8 inch sub. so thats 8 tweeters 8 6.5's and 4 8 inch subs. reason why im wondering about mono amps is to have less amps to hook up. also like i said its going to be a blow through so the back seats are going to stay. im getting captains chair in the back and im taking out the console in the middle so you can see the blow through from the bed. so im gonna go look at my buddy's silverado so i can see how many amps i can put under seats!

I never got the whole millions of tweets compared to mids, tweets in general are far more efficient than mids. Off topic though, its all about what makes you happy.

You want to use multichannel amps for your mids and highs.

"reason why im wondering about mono amps is to have less amps to hook up"

Im not trying to be rude in any way but this sentence makes me think you are confused about the difference between multi channel and mono amps...you would need more mono amps than multi channel to achieve the same thing. Plus many mono amps are not designed to play frequencies above 250-500hz

Edited by mrd6

Team NorthWestSPL

I know what your talking about I was just wondering because I heard about some other people running a class d amp to run their mids. I'm gonna be getting a couple four channels amps to power all of them. Thanks guys for giving me your opinions hopefully if everything goes well and I get my crappy camera up and working ill be posting pics of the build!

gotcha, I know some companies have been coming out with some real good bargain class d 4 channels.

PPI comes to mind, can't remember the series but i believe there is a soundstream version of that too since if I am not mistaken they have the same parent company now.

Looking forward to the build, should be sick!

Team NorthWestSPL