Second Skin Audio

box dimensions for dd3512s Question

then dont get all pissy with the torres program that has a great help file and extensive answers in the topic where you download it from thats fucking FREE.

so you cant fit like 6cuft in your trunk? should've picked different woofers then.

im sure as shit the forum asshole gave you something good to work off of.

taking those outside box dimensions you used earlier, with .75" wood, i put a 13.5" tall port, thats 5.25" wide, and 21" deep. got 5.00cuft 35.34hz with 14sqin per cube. not ideal since i didnt take into account woofer displacement, or bracing, or putting almost not enough port, and an extra baffle maybe, but a fifth grader can use this program.

Edited by Kranny

then dont get all pissy with the torres program that has a great help file and extensive answers in the topic where you download it from thats fucking FREE.

so you cant fit like 6cuft in your trunk? should've picked different woofers then.

im sure as shit the forum asshole gave you something good to work off of.

taking those outside box dimensions you used earlier, with .75" wood, i put a 13.5" tall port, thats 5.25" wide, and 21" deep. got 5.00cuft 35.34hz with 14sqin per cube. not ideal since i didnt take into account woofer displacement or bracing or an extra baffle maybe, but a fifth grader can use this program.

ok thats cool if a fifth grader could? im not saying its the program im saying the multiple people either saying 36-40 hz tuned or more port area or this or that and this. I also can fit alot more than 6 cubes in there but its the face that a box tuned to 51hz and 80in^2 port area isnt what im looking for.

and im not pissy so dont make assumptions. pissy and frustrationare 2 different things.

Edited by scottam

forum asshole said this.

you want to be in the 2 to 2.5 range depending on variables and 14-16 per cube in port area. i like to tune them around 35 as well.

follow it. he's used dd woofers before.

you didnt put in 3 for # of common walls, which has been fucking you up the entire time. press f1 and read the help file to know why its 3 in this case and not something else. and i didnt put a number in for woofer displacement, like i said.

Edited by Kranny

you didnt put in 3 for # of common walls. and i didnt put a number in for woofer displacement, like i said.

it shouldnt make a huge difference?

that 3 tell the calc how many sides of the box the port touchces, so yes it makes a difference.

you didnt put in 3 for # of common walls. and i didnt put a number in for woofer displacement, like i said.

it shouldnt make a huge difference?

that 3 tell the calc how many sides of the box the port touchces, so yes it makes a difference.

ok well im done for now. i need some time away from a calculator and this damn program. thanks for the help it is appreciated this shit is just frustrating