Well I'm hoping that changing the brakes will stop the squealing, but if it was just the brakes, wouldnt I only hear the squealing when I brake, not anytime I'm coasting?

And another issue I'm having is that the truck jerks to the right from time to time. It started with just the steering wheel doing it without the whole truck jerking, now you can feel the truck jolt to one side and the steering wheel doesnt jerk as far as it did before. What would cause that?

Edited by Parentnoia

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

how many miles you got on her?

Well, since I bought it, a little over 1000 miles. Before I bought it, the paper work says around 30k (I think) on the new engine.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

No, mainly when gently turning. Not at a full stop, and rarely when driving straight. It's just developed within the last week, especially yesterday.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

Another few brake related questions. Will I need to buy a tube of anti-seize. Last time I changed my brakes (with the help of grandfather) he said not to worry, but I want to take as good of care as can be with this truck.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

I'll be leaving shortly, so I need to know what I need to pick up when I go, so I can minimize the number of trips.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT

I used a wire brush and anti-seize on my brakes. Where the pads lad on my truck it was really dirty and slightly rusty. They have to be perfectly clear for the pads to move back and forth. After I wire brushed the landings I put a touch of anti-seize on it. Same for the rotor landing.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/