Second Skin Audio

I have heard the same thing about the effiecency of the driver. I am personally intrested in seeing how much of a gain will be had once im running more power because of the information on the table, it might not make that huge of a difference actually. However the woofer doesnt seem to be moving at even half excursion capabilities so far, so there might be a little to be had yet.

I would be happy to end up seeing 145db @ 34hz once electrical is up to par but only time will tell what happens. Might be expecting a little to much but Also the car doesnt have any sound dampening at all yet so that is soon & should help a bit for sure.

It seems to peak @ 34hz for lows in there right now on every setup I put in so far. ( rd alpha 15, sundown sa-10 & this triple x )

My overall goal in the end with the 18 is to get 150db or close between 28-34hz with 2 gp3000d-pros & a massive enclosure tuned low.

I played around with it on the computer, it seemed that the more power you gave it, the less gain it had, but the program is not a real life situation, you never know until you try. I've seen subs do unrealistic things when put in an enclosure that would have to be "the perfect box" for the sub, with the perfect tuning for the car.

XS-power1.jpg