Sonic Electronix

Didn't watch the vid, but will you have access to the batteries if you make the "roof" over them?

And I say false floor, then carpet. If you paint the false floor, then slide the box on it, it will be scratched to hell.

im actually thinking about putting a hinge on the side trim piece and possibly buy a battery charger that i can leave under their

or only extending the false floor out to about 53 in (giving the box enough roof front to back) and then do a hinged floor after that like a little tool box type thing for the batts so if i need to remove them its easier than ripping it all apart

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Didn't watch the vid, but will you have access to the batteries if you make the "roof" over them?

And I say false floor, then carpet. If you paint the false floor, then slide the box on it, it will be scratched to hell.

Good point about scratching the box, plus anything that is not bolted down on a painted floor will slide around.

box will be bolted either with thread rods to the frame or l brackets not sure which (i do have like 6 L brackets laying around im worried it may look tacky lol)

but yeah good point about paint getting scratched to shit

im thinking about just leaving the false floor where the box will be unpainted/carpeted and carpet/paint the rest which ever one i choose im really undecided right now... i want it too look clean and good but doesnt need to be SHOWROOM quality if that makes any sense

Edited by Bear Gri11z

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

I'm interested, I'm looking at doing a false floor in my trunk too. My cardboard floor doesn't like 60lb of box :(

I think you should use the current carpeting as a template to trace out the shape in the 1/2" MDF then cut to your needs. possibly put in a hinge for access to the spare well? then lay the stock carpet over it. at least that's how my vehicle is.

Find someone who can weld some braces with angles to lay the MDF unless you plan on changing your build up a lot

I'm interested, I'm looking at doing a false floor in my trunk too. My cardboard floor doesn't like 60lb of box :(

I think you should use the current carpeting as a template to trace out the shape in the 1/2" MDF then cut to your needs. possibly put in a hinge for access to the spare well? then lay the stock carpet over it. at least that's how my vehicle is.

Find someone who can weld some braces with angles to lay the MDF unless you plan on changing your build up a lot

im honestly thinking this build will be a year at max

then ill wall it off lol

the day i rebuild my 4G63T and tranny in my talon is the day this thing gets walled off

all i know is this is gonna be a bitch lol

BTW all of the "stock/factory carpet" is long gone

so i have no template... guess im going to have alot of trim pieces to hide all my F*&% ups lol

Edited by Bear Gri11z

any advise on the best way to secure the mdf to the floor of the truck?

im making "legs" for the lower parts to support that area

would self tappers do the trick?

(not worried about any holes in the floor as its going to happen one way or another)

(not worried about any holes in the floor as its going to happen one way or another)

I think you should use bolts and countersink the holes in the MDF to make it flush and to avoid snags

I think you should use bolts and countersink the holes in the MDF to make it flush and to avoid snags

:( im never gonna use my self tappers LOL (figured they where to small anyways lol)

looks like im taking a trip to menards tomorrow morning