Sonic Electronix

My new system, just basic questions, Also to S10 owners, I have a few questions for you guys.

are you gonna run a stock alt? or are you gonna upgrade it?

i would recommend like two group 31 batteries along with a battery under the hood with 0 gauge all around.

edit: maybe you can get away with one group 31 and one under the hood. i dont know, im not a battery expert.

I believe he said 220amp alt in the first post.

edit.

dang it, ninjad again

Edited by strangeduck

Ooops I suposed I failed to mention something, The 4x subs will not be going across the cab. It'll be

O || O

O || O <--- like that

That is pretty much a wall at that point. Wall that bad boy, and do a center port. That $h!t will get loud quick.

Yea Square port 7 inches each side, 10 inches or so deep into the box, in the center of the 4x subs, From other boxes simular, I'd say I think it will do well

What about people with camper shells that are the sleeper style. can't see through those suckers.

edit

like this.

RVTypes-Slide-In-Camper.jpg

Doubt you will have a problem with cops if you have mirrors on both sides of your truck.

Edited by strangeduck

yeah thats virtually a wall. might as well just do a full wall instead of just a big box in the back seat.

Daily driver, Need a little bit of my back glass Or I will get a ticket for obstruction of view every time a cop seen me^_^ keeping at least half of my window:p

your law requires you to see out your back window? lots of cities dont really need you to see out the back window, as long as you have two functioning side mirrors.

Yea Square port 7 inches each side, 10 inches or so deep into the box, in the center of the 4x subs, From other boxes simular, I'd say I think it will do well

are you sure theres enough port area? you need about 14 square inches per cubic foot. and kicker woofers LOOOOVE big boxes. dont skimp out on the size of things or else your performance will suffer.

I had a friend who had a Mazda truck with 9 12s walled. He had a camper shell and the rear glass was tinted 5%. Tint law stated that he had to have a 1 cubic foot square that was clear if he was going to use 5%. He cut out a perfect 1 ft square and was never bothered again. Find the law to be certain. Maybe a video head unit with a reverse camera might work.

Just seems weird because van trucks like u-hauls you can't see you the back. But I don't know the laws where you are. Maybe ask the DOT? Just tell them you have to cover the back glass, don't mention stereo stuff make up some b.s. excuse like tool box or something. See what they say.

Response to all, Also big creeper vans with curtains on all windows, Ect. But seeing as you all made it clearer, I think the cop was just being a douche to my cousin lol, he had 4 15s walled in a silverado, cop said take it out or next time a ticket, But Imma wall it, Sounds interesting, First wall, Guaranteed right specs, and its a wall! lol. I still have a lot to decide tho. And I haven't tinted my windows yet, going for 10%. I'm blind as it is lol. 10% all 20% front glass I think is what I was told to do, dun remember. lol

Edit: Also walling It I can keep my seat room and not be like molesting my steering wheel o.O

Edit Edit: How accurate is Torres Box calculator?

Edit Edit Edit:! Going in as Diamonds not squares! Gonna look nice^_^ This time my box will be finished and not bare like my last.

Charlesdylancobb=my youtube if you wanna see last, in those vids my truck was kinda dirty tho x.x soo pay no mind to that^_^

Edited by charlesdylancobb