Sonic Electronix

alright before i send this in im trying to see if i could just fix this amp before i send it in. well heres the story i turned my gain up not even a quarter turn and it was perfect well i left it like that for a few days then all of a sudden i smelt something burning so turned my amp off since i could smell it in the back so i left it off for hours then i turned it on and it worked so i didnt think it was messed up but after 40 minutes it shut off and turned back on then back off but i looked at it but its on and the green light is on so i thought maybe the power supply was toast so i just turned my amp off then turn back on i heard a click noise like it turned on so what could ive done im thinking the rca inputs got messed up.

please help me before i send it in.

is there any frayed wire at any of the terminals on the amp?

did you put bigger fuses in than that were stock? like if it came with a 20 amp fuse, did you put a 40 amp in?

edit: what kind of amp is it?

oh sorry its a hifi 2000d and im not sure if theres any frayed wire but im sure theres not but with this amp theres no exturnal fuses its stupid i have fuses in my power wire and it still quit i changed all my fuses and nothing im lost

Archived