Imaging Question

Tub Asko

As you can see from my pic to the left I have 4 6x9s basically behind my head (Pioneer Premier REV series). I got them because they were recommended for me for plain loudness. I like to hear my music when the bass is crankin. Now I can hear my music just fine; however, my imaging is completely thrown off. I have a set of 6 1/2s (again Pioneer Premier REV series) in the doors. My question now would be what can I do to level out the imaging. I was thinking of molding a set of tweeters on the dash. A lot of people recommend the q-logic kick panel pods to me, but for the price and location just don't seem like they would work. What can I do to help it out?

I was also thinking of doing some custom door panels to add more 6 1/2s and maybe step up to a higher grade speaker like the Kicker SS series. I'm open to anything to fix the imaging.

get rid of the speakers behind your head

I haven't ever heard your truck, but Your running an amp to your speakers, so just run the front 6's at two ohms, if they aren't already, and ( only 2) 6x9s at 4 ohms. You may have to play with the gain levels on your amps.... My .02$

Running the fronts at 2 ohms makes them about 20% louder... Assuming they aren't peaked yet.

Edited by JDirty96

I haven't ever heard your truck, but Your running an amp to your speakers, so just run the front 6's at two ohms, and ( only 2) 6x9s at 4 ohms. You may have to play with the gain levels on your amps.... My .02$

I got my high amp running 6 speakers. I could play with my gains but I like loud clear highs over my deep bass. I was told to get the most out of my amp I could add another set of speakers that's why I was wondering placement in the front of an extra set. I guess I'll go play with the gains for now.

I got my high amp running 6 speakers. I could play with my gains but I like loud clear highs over my deep bass. I was told to get the most out of my amp I could add another set of speakers that's why I was wondering placement in the front of an extra set. I guess I'll go play with the gains for now.

Are you running your fronts at two ohms now?

As far as I know all my speakers are getting equal power (probably not). I can hear my door speakers but can't differentiate them from the back because the shear loudness of the back speakers overwhelms the front 2. I think lowering the gain would fix it but again I need that loud, clear music to match up with my hard hitting bass.

mono sound?

Yup......

TA, only downside to running two ohms is you loose the ability to fade from left to right. (Mono)

I saw this:

http://www.cartronixplus.com/templates/det...FTOKEN=26945139

and this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-znTmeIEk6VY/A...pine&tp=108

I really have no idea what they go for or if they are worth it, but its a thought.

Heres how you change a four ohm speaker to a 2 ohm speaker.

2ohmuk3.jpg

Edit: Just looked at your speaker amp......

75 Watt RMS/ Channel at 4 ohms.... ~300 RMS @ 2 ohms and bridged (150 watts per speaker).

Edited by JDirty96