Yeah just kinda shuts off, i didn't even notice it.

Same thing happened to me. I was just chillin going about 20mph through my neighborhood then all of a sudden it was like f*** you I don't wanna do this shit anymore and it just stopped. If it was your spark plugs then you should have seen it over time. When I get my car back and the results of why it stopped I'll let you know.... but when I decided to look inside my engine I found this which I am about to show you. I'm assuming that with the smaller width of the belt it skipped gears and caused the pistons to not be in the right position when the spark plugs fired. Honestly I think it was your timing belt. I suggest posting on other forums for your car, thats what I did and they pretty much pinpointed it what common problems with my zx2 and they were exactly right. Those car-specific forums usually know more about the performance of your vehicle more than SMD does, but good luck.

764ec8c3.jpg

Ive watched the serpentine belt and it doesn't skip. It has a tiny hicup but its not drastic or anything. And plus i don't have a current forum for my car sadly :WTFBubble: So i can't find anyone to help me. When something happens i just google the shit out of it. But yeah i believe i need to replace my timing belt in the recent future.

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

Did your car start back up? you never said.

Yeah it started right back up after taking the key out of the ignition then starting it again.

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

my car wouldn't. I'm not sure if you're talking to OP or me but with my timing belt problem it would crank but there would be no solid start. All electrical would work but it wouldn't start

It's not the timing belt if it started again. If it has a miss now when its running it may have slipped a tooth. It's easy to find out though, sometimes

Yeah it started right back up after taking the key out of the ignition then starting it again.

get someone else there with you and get them to listen near the ground by the rear tire. tell them to listen for a hummmm. that should be the gas pump turning on, just one way to eliminate the problems. another way to look for problems is to check the fuel line to the engine.... there should be a cap that looks like a cap to a bicycle tire.... you want to remove that and press the little pin inside there and if gas sprays then you indeed don't have a blockage in your fuel line. if that's fine then either it's an electrical problem or a timing belt problem. Have you taken out your spark plugs and tried starting the engine to see if each of the spark plugs give off an electrical arc yet?

Looks to me from google images you can take the 4 or so bolts out of the plastic covers on the front of the engine and you will be able to see your timing belt. Just bump the engine over a few times without starting it and look at the belts for missing teeth. or look down around the crank pully behind the cover behind it if you can for pieces of belt.

It's not the timing belt if it started again. If it has a miss now when its running it may have slipped a tooth. It's easy to find out though, sometimes

crankshaft or camshaft sensor? might be the coil box too?

get someone else there with you and get them to listen near the ground by the rear tire. tell them to listen for a hummmm. that should be the gas pump turning on, just one way to eliminate the problems. another way to look for problems is to check the fuel line to the engine.... there should be a cap that looks like a cap to a bicycle tire.... you want to remove that and press the little pin inside there and if gas sprays then you indeed don't have a blockage in your fuel line. if that's fine then either it's an electrical problem or a timing belt problem. Have you taken out your spark plugs and tried starting the engine to see if each of the spark plugs give off an electrical arc yet?

He could have pressure there and still have a bad fuel pump. If the pump is getting bad and hot it will work fine for a while then shut off, but listening for the humm is a good idea. O.P., if it starts to get to where it wont start and you don;t hear that humm you can bang on the tank a few times and it may go ahead and start. Just in case you are not home when it happens.

Edited by strangeduck