somethings not right here

I was talkin to a friend on yahoo messenger when my monitor went blank. I checked the connections, all looked good. So it used the input button on the monitor and it was showin that now cable was connected to the vga port (my monitor is also my tv). When i turned the comp off then back on, everything worked again. my comp is set up for dual monitors, one being vga the other being dvi...should i just get a vga-dvi converter and use that or whats going on here?

I had the same problem but my card is 2 years old and the fan stopped spinning, card got hot, blank screen. I Jut gave the fan a nudge and it spun up. So you might have an overheating problem. You could try running speedfan and check it.

I'm not using a graphics card, it's just what the computer came with. i do plan to upgrade to a graphics card later on. so right now i have no control over the fan or anything.

Still could be a heat issue, speed fan might be able to read the temp on it. That's what i was getting at, just checking the temp with speedfan. Maybe your bios checks it too.