Second Skin Audio

two box designs which one would you choose?

after reading this thread, im considering building a new box. Ive had my subs facing the trunk and port firing into the drivers side wheel well for a while now. I think ill try subs and port back with the port in the center of the box...

yeah i went with box one. just finished it today. subs up port back. and it sounds like way more bass. and in this box i feel like it can handle more power for some reason.

cant you just do box 1 with port and subs both facing back?...measurements look like there is room to do it..dont understand why you wouldn't

also...why is it that everything somebody says will give you DB gains is always in 3db increments?...that should be your first clue that is more of a guess than proven!

yeah when i was building it i was wondering the same thing, the subs would fit in the back. i put them on top tho because i asked joe x the same question and he said in a car like mine you its better to have the subs up port back. it makes sense tho bc if the drivers are facing the cab then you would have more bass bc they are facing you. amd yeah ive noticed that too about the 3db increments and usually those ppl are wrong and just saying to say lol.

THANKS TO JOE X I HAVE AN ALL AROUND BETTER SOUNDING SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here are some pics of the build if anyone cares lol:

Insidecorner2.jpg

Insidecorner1.jpg

Boxport7.jpg

Boxport2.jpg

Cutholes.jpg

Edited by Redcorn245