Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone,

I have a 1997 6.5L turbo Diesel Suburban, and with the year motor that is in the vehicle it has a factory mounting spot for an additional alternator. The factory alternator is 105amp which is way to small, and I have another 105amp alt that is on my parts 6.5 diesel suburban and I was just wondering the electrical side of doing twin alts. Do I need relays? Does it hook into the other alt wiring harness? Thanks for looking!

Building an Empire.

Posted

IIRC you will only have 1 wire going to your stock alt, which is a switched 12v wire, You could splice into that to turn your 2nd alt on

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Posted

Thanks, the research ive done was getting at that. I was just making sure.

Building an Empire.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 491 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...