Duck's Mercury Mystique Log -Wife's car

So I starting piecing together some stuff for the wife's car. Just a bunch of old stuff that i have laying around. I don't know how far i will go with this because the car has 260,000 miles on the ticker. Anyway I have a Polk Audio Carbon Series 500.1 for the lows running to a Pioneer TSW-302R 12" sub in a 1.25 cuft sealed enclosure made of 1" mdf. I do have to say that the response curve is crazy flat on this thing. The sub does kind of get a bit sloppy under 30hz but it is just 150watt el-cheapo pioneer. The head unit is a Sony Explode can't remember the model number.

I am really surprised by this sub because it takes most of what that amp will give it, I made sure to set gains with the dd-1 and since i am running the stock speakers off the head unit for now i can't quite go to full volume on the head unit. It seems the pre-outs distort at about 37 and i can go to 35 before i notice enough distortion in the stock speakers to make me stop turning the volume up. Once i set the gain on the amp i never got a distortion light so i think it has some left in it. Of course running like this the sub bottoms out at about 30/35. No biggie though because the wife runs the sub level at about -5.

Anyway, here are a few pics, and a spoiler, I already ordered some new subs for the Accord and once they are here i think the kenwoods will go in this car. This one 12 already does a great job so I am anxious to see what two decent 12's will do.

I put in a run of 4ga for the power. I used those copper lugs you get at Napa but i took the grinder to the flare at the bottom of it so it looks better once the shrink tubing is on it.

000_0023-1.jpg

Blurry pic is blurry

000_0024-2.jpg

I got this for trade on a Sony Xplode 50x2 amp.

000_0025-3.jpg

000_0026-2.jpg

Ignore the wires, That will all get tucked away because i will probably mount the amp on the side of the box. Like i said, this build is just so i have some tunes when i drive her car. She is not a bass head and that is just too damn bad because i could have so much fun with this car if she was!

Please comment and leave feedback. It's appreciated.