Second Skin Audio

how to calculate this design

i did want a 45 degree and i havent built anything yet. the console is 34 from frontto back and 13 wide. 14 inches tall at the bottom part of the face

I meant built in sketchup. And just for your information, given those dimensions, the overall height comes out to be just over 3 feet (not sure if that matters).

Depends on where you want to tune, but from my calculations, if you make the very top exactly 12" in depth, and then follow the rest of your dimensions, that'll put you at a good volume for SA-12's. With a 4.5" wide by 25" long port, you get about 33hz with a net volume of 3.78 cuft.

As far as making the slanted baffle, it's kind of complicated, unless you do some math first. But I'll take some more screenshots to try to show you how to do it.

that would be awesome. thank you very much. my bass was gone 2 days ago n new subs arrive tomorrow

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

that would be awesome. thank you very much. my bass was gone 2 days ago n new subs arrive tomorrow

I could just email you the design if you would prefer to make it easier on yourself. But I assume you want to actually learn how to do this?

i would love to learn it and to get the design so i would have better reference. ill pm my email. thank you very much and how tall dont matter as long as under 4feet

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

i would love to learn it and to get the design so i would have better reference. ill pm my email. thank you very much and how tall dont matter as long as under 4feet

No problem man. I'll send it as soon as I'm done.

Something I just realized... If you're gonna be using screws or nails to hold it together, they're gonna go right through the side into the holes for the woofers. Might want to revise it so the baffles are sitting on top of the side pieces... or you could probably just glue and clamp it.

Okay, so for this, we're just gonna be working with the outside "shell" -- just the outer dimensions.

To better understand why it's a bit complicated, this picture shows the blue as pieces that we "know" the dimensions of. The red pieces more or less depend on that 45° piece (we could calculate them with some trig, but this way is easier).

2-1.png

So, for now, these are the only two pieces we can place. Start with this.

4-1.png

Now, make a big square (or any shape really) where the back wall will be. This will become relevant later.

3-1.png

Now, make a 13" vertical line, and a 12" horizonta linel (red axis) at right angles to each other, like so. You can do this anywhere on the "wall."

6.png

Now go to Tools > Protractor. Click once on the bottom of the vertical line. Then bring your mouse down. You should see a dotted blue line indicating you're following the blue axis. Click one more time.

7.png

Now move your mouse to the left. Adjust the position of your mouse until it says "Angle: 45.0" at the bottom right (or you can just type 45 and hit enter). Click one more time when you're at 45 degrees. It should now look like this.

8.png

Now click on the line tool. Then click on the bottom of the vertical line to start your horizontal line. Move your mouse down and to the left on the dashed line. Next to your cursor, it should say "On Line." Now type in "13" and hit enter. It should have made a line that's 13" long. Now you can delete the dashed line. Now also draw a short line (any length really) going to the right, coming from the front piece (you'll see in the picture). Make sure it's on the red axis.

9.png

Now select the group of 3 lines that are on the "wall." If you don't know how to do that, click the select tool and draw a box around them. Now click the move tool. Click and hold the lowest part of the diagonal line, and drag it to the short line you just drew. Then draw a vertical line from what will be the bottom back of the box, going upward. Just make sure it's taller than the rest. Should look like this now.

11.png

Now select the 3 lines you selected in the previous step. Click the move tool again. This time, click and hold the top right of the group. Drag it over to the right (on the red axis) until you reach the vertical line. You can delete the "excess" part that line now. And there's your basic shape. of the box. You can also delete the rest of the square now.

12.png

Now you can use the push/pull tool to make it an actual box. From there, you can draw in the pieces of wood and whatnot.

I know there was a lot of pictures. I tried to keep them down to a minimum, but I also wanted to make sure you fully understood each step.

Edited by LZTYBRN

wow. that really helped meout a lot actually. thank you very much. now im waiting for my subs to get here, then imma pick up some mdf and get to building.

THANK YOU

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12