Setup for Mids and Highs

Well, I've had some bass for a while, and it's definitely time to upgrade mids and highs now. The little 4" speakers I have now just aren't cutting it -- not even close. Now, the only stock speaker location up front is the little 4x6 spot in the dash.. So this is definitely gonna have to involve some fiberglassing. I'm just not sure where to go with this setup. The three spots available are the dash locations, kicks, and doors (pics below).

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

(sorry for poor quality)

Looks like I can fit 5.25's in dash, 6~8" in doors, and a 6" (maybe bigger if I alter the brake) in the kicks. There's just so many possible setups, I'm not sure what to do here. I know for sure I want to put something in the dash, because I don't have the stock grilles, and can't find em anywhere. My goal is to have good imaging, and extension down to at least 50hz. Any ideas?

5.25comps in the dash but id keep 6.5s in the kicksiff possible and 8s would be good midbass in door. im just running 2 setsof 6.5sin my doors right now.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

5.25comps in the dash but id keep 6.5s in the kicksiff possible and 8s would be good midbass in door. im just running 2 setsof 6.5sin my doors right now.

Thanks for the reply. Reason I was thinking 5.25's in kicks as well, is that I'd be able to run them off the same channel as the ones in the dash. But I guess investing in another 2-4 channels might be worth it. You think that setup will sound good though? I know nothing about imaging and all that, so I'm really lost.

Are your doors done? I was going through your build log, and last I seen you had them glassed, but didn't look like you installed them yet.

ive been bondoing and and sanding 1 all day today. its almost good enough for 180 grit and prime, then texture. might be that guy and throw some monitors in em but i doubt it

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

and i think the imaging would be good

and its always good to get a mids and highs amp. i just picked up a 1600.2 autotek from a buddy im using for my mids and highs. haha

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

unless you are planning on or have some sort of time alingment, i would recomend not running dash and kick components. one or the other. Otherwise you will hear things at different times unless its not a big deal. but I would run a three way comp set with crossovers unless you are planning on going active. but a three way set up middbass in door with 4 or 5" midrange and tweet in dash or kick. if in the kick, you could add a silk tweet in the dash to help bring stage hight up. or even a 4" coax in the dash with a midbass in the kicks. good luck

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

unless you are planning on or have some sort of time alingment, i would recomend not running dash and kick components. one or the other. Otherwise you will hear things at different times unless its not a big deal. but I would run a three way comp set with crossovers unless you are planning on going active. but a three way set up middbass in door with 4 or 5" midrange and tweet in dash or kick. if in the kick, you could add a silk tweet in the dash to help bring stage hight up. or even a 4" coax in the dash with a midbass in the kicks. good luck

What kind of device would I need for time alignment? And how bad would it sound without?

I guess I could just skip kick locations... Then I won't have to worry about people kicking them in.

I wasn't really planning on dishing out the money for a 3-way set, considering this will be my first "real" mids and highs setup, AND my first time glassing. Unless you know any budget 3-way sets?

it wont sound bad man.. are you going for a serious high sq vehicle? i gots myself a few speakers in my dart and its a sq'ish build.itll still sound goodman

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

aq hdc3 12

it wont sound bad man.. are you going for a serious high sq vehicle? i gots myself a few speakers in my dart and its a sq'ish build.itll still sound goodman

Alright cool. That's probably what I'll do then. I really wanted to start with the kicks, because I figured they'd be easiest and easiest to fix if I mess up. So I guess I'll do that.